“DROID RAZR by Motorola combines style, performance and the power of Verizon’s 4G LTE network into one innovative device,” Verizon Wireless vice president and chief marketing officer Marni Walden said in a statement.
The device is made with KEVLAR fiber and Corning Gorilla Glass, with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless LTE, offering speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. It boasts a 4.3 inch hyper-vibrant Super AMOLED Advanced display with qHD resolution, and is the first smartphone capable of streaming movies and TV shows through Netflix with up to HD resolution.
The Smart Actions app is designed to help automate everyday tasks and optimize battery efficiency by letting customers create rules, such as automatically setting the phone to vibrate during work hours or dimming the display at a specific battery level. The webtop application allows customers to combine the device with separately sold accessories such as the Lapdock 100 or HD Station in order to edit documents and browse the Web with a full Firefox browser on a larger screen.
Additional features include the following:
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
- Bluetooth 4.0 low energy
- 1780 mAh battery
- 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and a 16 GB microSD card pre-installed
- 1 GB RAM for a fast user interface and multi-tasking
- 8-megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization
- Front-facing HD camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
- 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capable, allowing customers to share LTE speed with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Water repellent nanocoating to protect the phone and the inside components against spills
- Remote wipe, pin lock and government-grade encryption for email, calendar and contacts as well as voice and video conferencing
- Use QuickOffice to view, create and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
“DROID RAZR by Motorola is a testament to the innovation and design possibilities that stem from a strong partnership between Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless,” Sanjay Jha, chairman and CEO of Motorola Mobility, said in a statement. “We set out to design the best smartphone on the planet and delivered DROID RAZR which is thinner, smarter, stronger than any device on the market.”
DROID RAZR will be made available in early November for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement at all Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, at authorized retailers, and online from Verizon Wireless. Customers can pre-order the device at droiddoes.com/droidrazr
beginning on October 27.