AirWatch announced that it will provide comprehensive support for Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad devices running iOS 6, starting on the operating system’s release date of Sept. 19.
“Same day support for Apple iOS 6 is critical for our enterprise and education customers to support their BYOD initiatives,” says John Marshall, CEO of AirWatch. “With the largest global development organization in the MDM industry, we’re able to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers.”
This announcement includes support for Siri and Passbook upgrades and enhancements to photo, mail, phone and map applications. Additionally, iOS 6 includes new AirWatch MDM features.
New MDM Capabilities
AirWatch’s MDM functionality, leveraging iOS 6, enables organizations to:
The new MDM capabilities are also applicable to devices set up in supervised mode with Apple Configurator. This enables organizations to:
- Disable shared photo stream
- Disable Passbook from appearing on the screen when the device is locked
- Automatically remove profiles at a certain date or after a given period of time
- Set the device wallpaper for the lock screen, home screen or both
- Prevent recent contacts from syncing to the mail server
- Lock down devices to one app with app lock and disable the home button
- Force all device network traffic through a global HTTP proxy
- Prevent installation of certificates or unmanaged configuration profiles
- Disable iMessage
- Disable Game Center and iBookstore and set iBookstore content rating restrictions