Solution Aims To Equip I.T. to Grow Beyond the Limits of Point Mobile Solutions for Greater Strategic Value, Future Extensibility and Any-to-Any Flexibility Across the Enterprise
JERSEY CITY, NJ--(Marketwire) -- Antenna Software, delivering real business mobility to the world's most demanding enterprises, announced the release of its next-generation Antenna Mobility Platform (AMP 2.0).
The enhanced architecture and development environment enables organizations to quickly and easily create dynamic mobile applications that are aware of user context, preferences and location for real-time collaboration in the field, intelligent business process automation and more efficient customer responsiveness. Unlike limited point solutions tied to single back--end systems or specific devices, AMP 2.0 is open and flexible, enabling I.T. to maintain control over an ever--changing mobility landscape and remain agile as business requirements change due to new users, devices and business processes.
"Mobility is not being given appropriate attention: It's not considered a formal part of I.T. infrastructure and operations. Therefore, many projects are deployed as islands of mobility," said Ken Dulaney, vice president distinguished analyst, Gartner.
According to the March 18, 2008 "Key Issues for Mobile Applications 2008" research published by Ken Dulaney, "Integration between I.T. and mobility is critical. In addition, years of pilot projects on a volatile set of technologies are yielding a fragmented picture. Organizations need to use strategic planning to invest in infrastructures that can adapt to future needs and last longer."
Providing proof-points of market trends, several Antenna customers comment on the state of enterprise mobility and the business drivers behind their mobile platform selection:
According to Jim Hemmer, Antenna president and CEO, "Roughly four out of every five customers that leverage the Antenna Mobility Platform ultimately choose to have Antenna host and manage it. We believe this trend validates an acceptance of delivering 'mobility--as--a--service' and underscores a growing need among enterprises to ramp-up quickly, keep initial investments low, minimize the burden on their IT staff and future--proof their mobility solutions."
- Xerox Corporation: "With technology evolving at rapid-fire pace, we wanted to be in a position to create innovative solutions to help our customers in new and different ways. So when the project began to enhance our CRM system, we seized the opportunity to establish not only a next--generation wireless field service solution, but Antenna's AMP mobility platform. AMP will enable Xerox to design, build, deploy and manage state-of-the--art mobile solutions across the enterprise for years to come, which, in turn, will enable us to deliver the best service to our customers." -- Gregg Bullen, program manager in Xerox's Systems, Strategy and Technology Group.
- Carrier Corporation: "Deploying our field service application on the Antenna Mobility Platform gave us the flexibility to choose the wireless device that is right for our needs now and that we could adapt to a next--generation device as future business requirements may dictate." -- Mike Hawman, CIO, Building Systems and Services, Carrier Corporation.
- Pitney Bowes Canada: "Adding to the success of Pitney Bowes' mobile service deployments in the U.S. and Europe, we have improved response times 16.1 percent since deployment of AMP SERVICE and dramatically increased customer satisfaction because of better and faster communications." -- Jacques L'Africain, vice president, Customer Service, Pitney Bowes Canada.
- Heineken Ireland: "By partnering with Antenna, Heineken Ireland was able to improve the ROI from its Siebel system; enhance the service delivered to its customers and increase visibility and reporting capability for management. The project has been so successful in the field service department that Heineken has also rolled out a mobility project to help its merchandising team better track product placement and positioning in the off--trade retail sector." -- Martin Gowran, project manager, Heineken Ireland.
- DIRECTV: "The flexibility of Antenna's mobility platform means we can continually upgrade and improve our mobile CRM solution with Location-Based Services (LBS) and other technologies quickly and easily for even greater productivity and top--line benefits in the field." -- Erik Walters, program manager, Business Solutions, DIRECTV, Inc.
AMP 2.0 seamlessly and securely integrates with more than 50 different enterprise systems and numerous third--party external systems and Web resources, runs across 400 wireless networks worldwide and supports more than 60 different wireless devices --all from the same unified environment.
Highlights of this release include:
About Antenna Software
- AMP Studio (Release 4.0) -- A graphical mobile application development environment that combines component--based and model--driven approaches for faster, more efficient development and greater application reuse.
- AMP Component Library -- A collection of reusable and configurable application components, such as mapping, directions, signature capture,image capture, video playback, time & expense reporting, traffic, weather and other value-added services.
- AMP Mobile IM -- An out-of-the box mobile instant message application that fosters field-based collaboration. AMP Mobile IM operates on multiple device platforms, stores message logs, and provides an audit trail for compliance and security requirements.
- AMP DocShare -- Enables field workers to send the latest, company-sanctioned product brochures, sales sheets, email invitations and much more to individual recipients or workgroups based on predefined business rules.
- Apple iPhone Support -- Support for native and Web iPhone applications.
- AMP 2.0 is available now for general release. Pricing depends on number of users and deployment options.
Antenna Software provides the Antenna Mobility Platform (AMP), which enables organizations to design, build, deploy and manage mobile applications quickly and cost effectively. Delivered as a managed service or on premise, AMP supports multiple enterprise systems and mobile devices from one unified environment. Powered by AMP, Antenna's AMP mobile business solutions provide field sales, service and IT support organizations with pre-built, configurable mobile applications that help improve field productivity, customer care and profitability. Having a decade of success with Global 1000 customers, Antenna is recognized by industry experts and leaders for its outstanding commitment to quality and service.