Using Apacheta’s ServiceACE
mobile field service management application on Motorola Solutions MC75
Enterprise Digital Assistants, Bally Technologies is able to capture customer acceptance signatures in real time, and to automate field service technicians’ daily tasks for more accurate and timely reporting and inventory tracking.
Key benefits of the deployment for Bally include the following:
- Technician time tracking
- Signature capture to verify delivery, removal, and “go live” status
- Completion of service tickets, including preventative maintenance, machine removal, game servicing, and conversion order processing
- Creation of new service requests from the field to respond to customer requests while servicing another machine or conducting a site visit
- Spare parts inventory management and automated updating based on parts used
- Creation of Bally Quality Incident Reports to inform the manufacturer of potential defects discovered during servicing
Prior to implementing this mobile solution, Bally Technologies field technicians carried a book of service tickets that were completed on site and then mailed back to headquarters. This created a time delay between when a signature was captured and when it was received, as well as a time delay before Bally Technologies was able to recognize the revenue from an install. The information captured using this manual, paper-based system was also not always complete or accurate.
“By using ServiceACE, we are able to send data from the field over the AT&T network directly into our back-end Siebel and MAPICS ERP systems, shaving days off of the previous process and providing a more complete view into our installation and service operations,” Bally Technologies senior business analyst E.J. Coyle said in a statement.