WALNUT CREEK, Calif. /PRNewswire/ -- The world's first touch screen BlackBerry smartphone returns to select Verizon Wireless stores on December 19, 2008, in Northern California just in time for the Holidays. The new shipment of BlackBerry Storm (model 9530) devices is significant, but supplies will still be limited.
The Storm sold out on launch day (November 21) in nearly all U.S. stores, including Verizon Wireless retail outlets in Northern California. To keep up with demand, Verizon Wireless has been filling orders by shipping the device directly to customers as new units become available. While orders can still be direct-shipped, the company made an extra effort to get limited quantities in stock Friday at the stores seeing the greatest demand.
The Storm -- with a large, clickable touch screen keyboard; multi-media capabilities like a full HTML browser, 3.2 megapixel camera for pictures and video; secure email; replaceable battery; document editing capability; and Rhapsody music service -- is the fastest-selling device Verizon Wireless has ever launched. A global device, it operates on the largest and most reliable 3G network in the U.S.
The Storm returns to the following Northern California stores on December 19:
About Verizon Wireless
- Bakersfield - 1220 Oak St., Ste. M
- Chico - 1950 East 20th St.
- Corte Madera - 417 Corte Madera Town Center
- Cupertino - 20735 Stevens Creek Blvd., Suite. E
- Mountain View - 1020 N. Rengstorff Ave., Suite D
- Palo Alto - 219 University Avenue
- Redding - 917 Dana Dr., Suite 4F
- Sacramento - 1417 Howe Ave.
- Salinas - 1970 N. Main Street
- San Francisco - 199 Pine St.
- San Francisco - 768 Market St.
- San Jose - 690 Blossom Hill Road, Suite B
- San Leandro - 1933 Davis Street, Suite 115
- San Luis Obispo - 994 Mill St.
- San Mateo - 2290 Bridgepointe Parkway
- Santa Clara - 2240 El Camino Real
- Santa Maria - 2128 S. Broadway
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 70.8 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 71,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD).