JERSEY CITY, NJ--(Marketwire) - Antenna Software, delivering real business mobility to the world's most demanding enterprises, announced that it experienced a year of strong growth fueled by innovations to the Antenna Mobility Platform (AMP), a relationship with AT&T Business Solutions and major customer success, including a mobile field service deployment at Coca-Cola Enterprises, the world's largest marketer, producer and distributor of Coca-Cola products.
Furthering its mission to transform the way organizations mobilize their business processes, Antenna also capped off the year by acquiring the strategic assets of a key competitor and a Leadership position in Gartner Inc.'s "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform, 2008" report.
"Coca-Cola Enterprises selected AMP because it aligned nicely with our strategic mission to provide flexible, secure and reliable delivery of business information throughout the organization," said Kevin Flowers, director of BIS enabling technologies, Coca-Cola Enterprises. "As part of our IT infrastructure, AMP will help us to produce greater efficiencies and sustainable growth across our merchandising and delivery operations."
In 2008, Antenna enjoyed strong growth in total revenue and outgrew the market in the number of users it deployed. The company also continued to strengthen its superior service and support for customers by adding significant new features and capabilities to AMP, enabling organizations to implement mobility strategically in line with overall business and IT objectives. Building on its strong market position, Antenna acquired the key assets of Vettro Corporation, a provider of mobile field service solutions. The acquisition reinforced the long-term viability of Antenna's platform-based mobility approach and affirmed its ability to shape the market.
Antenna's relationship with AT&T Business Solutions reached a new milestone when AMP was selected to support AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications, which offers a hosted and managed mobile integration solution and application consulting services for companies that want to extend their business-critical information to mobile employees. Expanding AT&T's delivery of mobile field service automation, salesforce automation and IT support applications, AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications allows customers to host applications in a data center, provide on-demand access to applications or run applications behind their own firewalls.
"Antenna's mobility platform supports one of our key business goals -- enabling enterprises to get the maximum benefit from mobility," said Ebrahim Keshavarz, vice president of business development, AT&T Business Solutions. "We're pleased to work with Antenna to mobilize an enterprise's key business processes and we look forward to continued success in 2009."
Additional 2008 Business Highlights
- Magic Quadrant Leader: Gartner Inc. positioned Antenna in the Leaders Quadrant in its "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms, 2008" report. The complete report is available, compliments of Antenna Software, here.
- Product Development: Antenna continued to amp up its mobile technology with the following product launches:
- AMP 2.0: Antenna launched the next generation AMP, an enhanced architecture for context- and location-aware mobile applications that enables real-time collaboration and communications.
- AMP Pharma: Antenna made strategic in-roads into the pharmaceutical industry with the launch of AMP Pharma, a mobile CRM solution designed for the unique needs of the pharmaceutical salesforce.
- AMP Location: Antenna launched its open, flexible location-based services (LBS) engine to simplify the integration of the latest LBS and global positioning system (GPS) technologies into mobile business solutions.
- Oracle Inner Circle: Antenna was chosen as the go-to mobility partner in the Oracle Elite 8, a group of top-tier partners in the "Inner Circle" initiative that represent best-in-class solutions and customer success with Oracle CRM On-Demand.
- Customer Success: Antenna and its customers were honored with a number of prestigious industry awards in 2008 from Nucleus Research, RIM WES Wireless Leadership, AlwaysOn , CIO, InfoWorld, Microsoft, Customer Inter@ction Solutions and 1to1 Magazine.
"2008 was a monumental year for Antenna -- we continued to invest in our AMP mobile architecture and accomplished strategic corporate gains across the board," said Jim Hemmer, president and CEO, Antenna. "Looking ahead to the coming year, we firmly believe that the smart money is on real business mobility to drive bottom-line benefits, stoke innovation and continue to pay dividends to our customers for years to come."
About Antenna Software
Antenna Software provides the Antenna Mobility Platform (AMP), which enables organizations to design, build, deploy and manage mobile applications quickly and cost-effectively. Delivered as a managed service or on premise, AMP supports multiple enterprise systems and mobile devices from one unified environment. Powered by AMP, Antenna's AMP mobile business solutions provide field sales, service and IT support organizations with pre-built, configurable mobile applications that help improve field productivity, customer care and profitability. Having a decade of success with Global 1000 customers, Antenna is recognized by industry experts and leaders for its outstanding commitment to quality and service.