Epson America, Inc.
, a provider of desktop printing solutions, and Thinxtream Technologies announced that the PrintJinni for Epson mobile printing App will be available for free and offers native support for the Apple iPad, making it easier for Apple mobile device users to print documents on the go.
PrintJinni for Epson allows Apple iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users (iOS 3 and 4) to easily print Microsoft Office, PDF, and JPEG attachments from Apple MobileMe, Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, and AOL e-mail accounts to any Epson wireless all-in-one, including WorkForce, Artisan and Epson Stylus NX models.
"Whether you're printing a document at home or a presentation for an important meeting, PrintJinni for Epson allows you to preview and print to any Epson wireless all-in-one near your Apple device," says Gregg Brunnick, group product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. "Epson is committed to delivering superior printing performance to mobile device users, that's why we are also happy to offer expanded iPad printing capabilities and make the app free to our customers."
Unlike other mobile printing solutions, PrintJinni for Epson allows users to easily download, preview, and wirelessly print e-mail attachments that maintain their original formatting -- the print preview matches the print. Printing is easy and truly direct without the need to install printer drivers or additional software on a Mac or PC.
In addition, this latest version of PrintJinni for Epson utilizes the iPad's larger screen size and rotational capabilities while providing a more intuitive interface. It offers faster navigation to multiple e-mail accounts, downloaded files, and printer settings. As an added benefit, iPad users can now email and print their Apple iWork documents wirelessly.
PrintJinni for Epson Features:
1. Connects to Epson wireless all-in-ones over a wireless network
2. Previews and prints without the need for an intermediate computer, additional software or printer drivers
3. Prints PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents (Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007, Macintosh versions 2004 and 2008), and JPEG e-mail attachments
4. Enhances iPad user experience
>>New user interface optimized for the iPad's larger screen size and rotation capabilities
>>Improved browsing of e-mail attachments and downloaded files
>>More robust document search and a simplified printing workflow
>>Email and print Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents
5. Provides simple set-up and e-mail attachment support for Apple MobileMe, Gmail, Microsoft 6. Exchange, AOL, and other IMAP-based email accounts
6. Delivers secure encrypted communication for mobile printing
7. Supports iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and iPod touch