MINNEAPOLIS --(Business Wire)-- Gearworks, a leading provider of location-based mobile business applications, today announced the release of etrace 7.0, an enhanced version of its powerful wireless and Web-based mobile workforce management solution that enables enterprises to supervise and optimize their personnel and activities in the field as easily as they do in the office.
etrace by Gearworks uses the GPS capabilities of wireless phones to allow customers supervision and coordination of mobile employees in near real-time. This mobile resource management tool allows supervisors to have full visibility of mobile worker locations to enhance organizational efficiencies and overall output. With turn-by-turn directions and new mileage calculation capabilities, etrace 7.0 optimizes routes and minimizes costs associated with travel.
"We use Gearworks' etrace at HSI Hemodialysis to streamline our daily productivity. This tool provides HSI an eagle-eye perspective of quality management and patient care," said Steve Lovelace, vice president and chief financial officer for HSI Hemodialysis Services, Inc. "Currently, our organization has deployed etrace 7.0 on more than 50 units -- yielding HSI the opportunity to provide quality service to our patients and the hospitals we serve. Gearworks' etrace continues to be vital to HSI Hemodialysis' success."
"In today's economy, field-based companies have to find ways to do more with less just to survive," said Todd Krautkremer, president and chief executive officer for Gearworks. "The new and enhanced features of etrace 7.0 make it easier for businesses to improve productivity and reduce payroll and operating expenses. It's not uncommon for customers to see 10, 20, 30 percent or more in operating efficiencies from using etrace for an investment of as little as $1 per day per mobile worker."
New Features in etrace 7.0
etrace 7.0 includes the following new features:
- Enhanced Web mapping capabilities. With a wide variety of maps to choose from, etrace 7.0 enables supervisors to manage mobile workers and activities more effectively through enhanced map zooming, panning and drill-down capabilities.
- Visibility of worker activity from maps. Supervisors can see where a workers was when he started his break, ended his shift or filled out a form. Unique iconography appears on the worker map at each action for maximum visibility into the daily activities of the supervisor's mobile team.
- Enhanced text routing. Mobile workers can get to their destinations more efficiently with etrace 7.0 using enhanced, text-based turn-by-turn directions that provide a wide variety of route calculations, ranging from the fastest route possible to a route that does not use freeways or minimizes the use of freeways.
- Picture capture. Mobile workers have the ability to "capture" a picture and attach it to a mobile form, which can be sent and displayed in the Web portal or forwarded on to an integrated back-end system.
- At-a-Glance Report. This daily report is sent via email to supervisors, summarizing key business metrics for payroll, travel, jobs completed and policy violations.
- Rapid activation. etrace 7.0 makes it easy to get new mobile workers up and running with its one-touch activation feature that consolidates the multiple screens users have to navigate through when they install etrace for the first time.
Gearworks provides the industry's leading carrier-class platform for location-based mobile business applications -- Appmosphere. Appmosphere enables wireless carriers to deliver location-based business applications to market faster, software vendors to easily mobilize their applications, and enterprises to cost-effectively deploy custom applications to mobile workers through any wireless carrier on any mobile device. Appmosphere is the technology foundation for Gearworks' industry-leading mobile workforce management applications, including its etrace product and other carrier-branded products. With Appmosphere and its applications, the company serves thousands of small- to medium-sized business and enterprise customers across a broad range of industries -- including healthcare, field service, home and store delivery, construction, utilities and government services.