PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP
introduced a new WiFi-equipped printer and wireless print server aimed at the SMB market.
With built-in Wi-Fi, the HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One is a complete solution that offers wireless printing, copying, faxing and scanning tasks in one compact device. Producing professional-quality color prints for a lower cost per page than competitive lasers when using HP Officejet inks, this all-in-one delivers fast print and copy speeds and is available. Priced $129.99,(2) the HP Officejet J4680 is available for purchase beginning August 2008.
The printer features Smart Web Printing that enables simple, predictable printing from the web. The tool automatically adjusts web pages to prevent cut-off edges and enables users to easily select and print only the content they want -- saving paper, ink, and time.
HP also introduced the affordable and easy-to-install HP 2101nw Wireless G USB Print Server that allows users to wirelessly share printers on the network. The server features a secure 802.11 g wireless connection and virtual USB and USB port, and is compatible with most HP ink and laser printers,(8) and any wireless desktop or notebook PC/Mac. Priced at $79.99,(2) the HP 2101nw Wireless G USB Print Server is currently available for purchase.
HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One
Producing professional-quality color prints for a lower cost per page than lasers(1) when using HP Officejet inks, the HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One enables home office and micro-business owners to wirelessly complete printing, copying, faxing and scanning tasks with one compact device.
Designed to boost office efficiency, the HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One features built-in wireless 802.11g connectivity for easy printer sharing. With laser-quality black text and vibrant colors, the HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One helps busy entrepreneurs handle a variety of printing needs -- from business documents and brilliant photos to marketing collateral -- without compromising quality. The user-friendly device offers a 20-page automatic document feeder, 100-sheet paper tray and an LCD display.
Key features and benefits
- Print professional-quality color graphics and laser-quality black text for a lower cost per page than laser printers(1) when using HP Officejet inks.
- Easily connect to any wireless desktop or notebook PC/Mac with built-in wireless 802.11g.(2)
- Maximize efficiency with fast print and copy speeds of up to 28 pages per minute (ppm) black and 22 ppm color.(3)
- Perform high-quality color scanning at up to 2400 x 1200-optimized dpi.
- Enjoy enhanced fax capabilities including a junk-fax blocker,(4) up to 99 fax-speed dials and a 140-page fax memory -- faxes are received and saved in memory even when the paper tray is empty.
- Easily scan directly to a PC, network folder, email, PowerPoint or Word file.(5)
- Produce up to three times more black printed pages for a better value, using high-capacity HP Officejet ink cartridges.(6)
- Effortlessly access key product features, product documentation, troubleshooting and online shopping sites with the HP Solution Center software.(7)
- Print Web pages properly the first time out with HP Smart Web Printing, which adjusts the web page to fit the paper without cutting off the edges.(8)
- Quick-drying HP Officejet inks resist smudging when printed on papers with the ColorLok Technology logo. Confidently handle freshly printed documents without worrying about smearing the rich, sharp blacks and brilliant colors.(9)
- Convenient ink alerts help to easily identify and shop for Original HP cartridges using HP SureSupply.(10)
- HP provides free, convenient cartridge recycling -- HP ensures that all cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.(11)
HP 901 Black Officejet Ink Cartridge: $14.99
HP 901 Tri-color Officejet Ink Cartridge: $24.99
HP 901XL Black Officejet Ink Cartridges: $27.99
General purpose papers with the ColorLok Technology logo. Available in all regions.
HP Brochure and Flyer Paper, matte or glossy (100 sheets, 8.5 x 11-inch): $19.99
HP Advanced Photo Paper, soft- gloss (50 sheets, 8.5 x 11-inch): $19.99
Pricing and availability(12)
Estimated U.S. street price of $129.99.
The HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One is expected to be available in August 2008 for purchase in North America and in September 2008 for purchase in Europe.
(1) Compared with laser AiOs under $750. More details are available at www.hp.com/go/officejet.
(2) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(3) After first page; see www.hp.com/go/inkjetprinter for details.
(4) Requires caller ID service, not included. Price and service contract must be negotiated separately. Junk-fax blocker available only in countries with caller ID services.
(5) Available for Windows XP (32 bit), Windows Vista and Macintosh only.
(6) Compared with the HP 901XL Black Officejet Ink Cartridge. High-capacity black cartridge not included, purchase separately. No high-capacity tri-color cartridge available.
(7) Requires Windows XP (32 bit, MS IE 6.0 or higher) or Windows Vista (MS IE 7.0).
(8) Requires Microsoft I.E. 6.0 or higher.
(9) Using Original HP supplies ensures availability of all HP printing features.
(10) Program features and availability may vary by country. More information is available at www.hp.com/learn/suresupply.
(11) HP ink cartridge return and recycling is available in 42 countries and territories around the world, covering 88 percent of the addressable market; see www.hp.com/recycle for details.
(12) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
HP 2101nw Wireless G USB Print Server
Print from virtually anywhere in the home or home office with the affordable, easy-to-install HP 2101nw Wireless G USB Print Server that allows users to wirelessly share printers on the network.(1)
The simple-to-use HP 2101nw Wireless G USB Print Server features a secure 802.11 g wireless connection, virtual USB and USB port, and is compatible with most HP ink and laser printers,(2) and any wireless desktop or notebook PC/Mac.
With a lightweight, compact design, the HP 2101nw Wireless G USB Print Server upgrades compatible single function and all-in-one printers for convenient and flexible wireless printing while eliminating unsightly cable clutter.
Key features and benefits:
- Easily connect printers without wires to a router or any wireless desktop or notebook PC or Mac on the same network.
- Eliminate messy cables with the same fast performance as USB-cable printing while saving space.
- Easily install the server by plugging the receiver into a compatible printer's USB port.
- Print almost anywhere, anytime with wireless 802.11 g range and a secure connection.
- Enjoy complete all-in-one wireless functionality, such as print, PC fax, scan, photo memory card access and PC status features.
- Compatible with most HP single function and all-in-one printers, and works with or without a home network.
- Supports bi-directional communication that enables the user to send and receive prints jobs at the same time.
Pricing and availability(3)
Estimated U.S. street price is $79.99.
The HP 2101nw Wireless G USB Print Server is expected to be available June 2, 2008 for purchase in North America, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Latin America availability will be July 1, 2008.
(1) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(2) For a complete list of compatible products, please visit www.hp.com/support.
(3) Estimated U.S. street price, actual prices may vary.
focuses on simplifying technology experiences for all of its customers -- from individual consumers to the largest businesses. With a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP is among the world's largest IT companies, with revenue totaling $110.4 billion for the four fiscal quarters ended April 30, 2008. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.