Janam Technologies LLC, a provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, has released its new XT85, a high-bandwidth wireless rugged mobile computer designed to support demanding enterprise applications in equally demanding outdoor environments.
The XT85 survives multiple 5’ drops to concrete at temperature extremes (and 6’ drops at room temperature), offers a full 3.5” high-transmissivity display that maximizes outdoor readability while minimizing power consumption, and has 4G-ready cellular network connectivity with five-band UMTS for true global roaming.
“Purpose-built mobile computers must appeal to today’s information worker who expects a device that is small, light, fast and highly capable while also serving the business needs of the enterprise for whom the mobile worker is performing mission-critical tasks,” said Harry B Lerner, CEO of Janam. “Janam’s XT85 is optimized to appeal to both constituencies."
In addition to 4G-ready UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA/GSM wireless wide area network communication, the XT85 is equipped with 802.11 a/b/g/n WLAN with enterprise-grade security and Bluetooth. It is available with the SE965HP laser engine from Motorola or Honeywell’s Adaptus Imaging technology.
Purpose-built to accommodate the realities of work processes and environments, the XT85 is UL-certified for use in hazardous environments, sealed to IP65 standards and available with QWERTY or numeric keypads.
XT Series Features:
- Windows® Embedded Handheld 6.5
- Marvell PXA310 @ 806Mhz
- 512MB or optional 1GB NAND Flash ROM and
- 256MB double data rate (DDR) memory
- High performance 1D laser or 1D/2D data capture
- 3G/4G WWAN Technology (UMTS/HSDPA/HUSPA/GSM)
- Summit WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n
- Cisco CCX certification
- Motion sensing accelerometer
- Bluetooth Class II 2.1 EDR compliant
- CMOS 5.0 megapixel camera
- IrDA Data v1.4
- Multiple 5’/1.5m drops to concrete
- IP65 sealing against environmental elements
- Class I Div 2, Groups A, B, C, D
- QWERTY or numeric keypad
- Full color VGA or QVGA display
- User-accessible microSD card slot
- 2.5mm headset jack with secure lock receptacle
- Hi-Speed USB and serial output
- Industrial communications port connector
- MicroUSB connector
- 2400mAh or 3600mAH LiIon battery