MSI Data, a provider of field service and inspection software, has released VEIL, an enterprise software application for automating mobile field inspections and inspection management processes.
Through a flexible web and mobile application suite, the solution is designed to help organizations improve inspection consistency and productivity by automating the creation of mobile inspection templates, streamlining the performance of field inspections with a cross-platform, native mobile application and providing centralized management and reporting of inspection data.
Available as a native mobile application for Android, iPad, iPhone and Windows mobile devices, VEIL may be deployed on each of the dominant smartphone and tablet platforms, supporting the popular “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) enterprise mobile device strategy.
VEIL automates a wide variety of field data collection processes, including safety inspections, checklists, punch-lists, audits, assessments, surveys, observations or other types of inspections. Traditionally managed with manual, paper-based processes or disconnected spreadsheets, inspection processes can be automated with the app, from mobile field data collection to management reporting.
The advanced suite of inspection automation capabilities includes:
- VEIL Inspection Builder - Rapidly create native mobile inspection templates with a web-based drag and drop builder. Managers can construct mobile templates to replace existing forms, and automatically push them to field workers.
- VEIL Mobile - Allows automated sub-inspections, photo capture, guided inspection templates, signature capture and dynamic inspection expansion.
- VEIL Inspection Manager - Web-based database for managers to view, report upon and analyze historical inspection data.
- Visual Scheduler - Office or field based staff can schedule field workers based on location, availability and skills sets.
- Events Manager - Busy organizations can "set it and forget it," automatically monitoring business activities and notifying employees with time-sensitive alerts about specific conditions, such as a safety issue identified by a field inspector.
- Stakeholder Web Portals - Web portals may be configured to allow key stakeholders to view and analyze important inspection data.
- Home Office System Integration - VEIL can be integrated to pass inspection data to ERP, CRM, Accounting, Billing and other systems.