Mformation Technologies Inc.
, an independent provider of advanced mobile device management (MDM) solutions, announced its cloud-based solution for the enterprise — Mformation Enterprise Manager. The solution has been tailored to fit the IT service management framework of Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
“Generally speaking, enterprises are looking for more cloud-based solutions, which reduce the up-front expenditures and management complexities of traditional on-premise solutions. As mobility continues to become more pervasive in the workplace, mobile device management is a solution category that is particularly suited to being delivered as a cloud-based offering," says Philippe Winthrop, managing director at The Enterprise Mobility Foundation.
Mobile device management is a key enabler of enterprise mobility.
Cloud-based solutions will help increase the uptake of MDM in the enterprise. The benefits of the cloud-based Mformation Enterprise Manager solution include easier implementation, reduced cost of ownership, and ensured support for the latest devices and operating systems.
Cloud-based MDM solutions will also help the enterprise overcome a number of specific mobility challenges. First, mobility is a specific area of competence, which few IT departments have in-house. Using an MSP and a best-of-breed MDM solution provider overcomes these internal limitations. The enterprise gets the specialized functionality of a dedicated solution provider plus the service levels of an MSP. The mobility space is also both fast moving and fragmented, and will continue to be so for some time to come, making it difficult for enterprises to keep their in-house solutions current and up to date.
A recent survey of CIOs conducted by Vanson Bourne on behalf of Mformation found that IT organizations have been finding it difficult to apply the necessary resources toward ensuring that their enterprise mobility solutions encompass all of the necessary devices and services and are up to date. Almost 80% of the CIOs surveyed said that lack of time and budget plus increasing complexity has led to inconsistent and limited management solutions for the mobile devices used by their employees.
Using an MSP together with a best-of-breed MDM solution provider ensures that the solution is kept current with all of the changes as new devices, OS versions and services come to market. The solutions can be scaled as the enterprise adds new mobile users, new devices or new device types. In such a fast-moving and fragmented wireless marketplace, this is an absolutely critical benefit of a cloud-based deployment approach to managing enterprise mobility.
Mformation Enterprise Manager supports core enterprise mobility functions, enabling enterprises to:
- Strengthen and enhance security: IT can control the deployment and enforce uniform security policies for the mobile devices used within the enterprise, as well as secure the enterprise data that resides on them.
- Ensure compliance: Policy-based management controls enable IT to define corporate policies and enforce them on all of the different mobile devices used within an enterprise.
- Improve IT performance: The ability to remotely access devices removes the need for physical access to employee devices, and the ability to automate and batch device management tasks ensures the efficient execution of device management activities.
- Provide complete visibility: Central, real-time inventory of all the devices activity deployed provides IT with a centralized and up-to-date picture of enterprise device status and activity.
- Perform advanced reporting: Both scheduled and custom reports give an enterprise increased visibility into their end-user population.
The Mformation solution has been extended to support implementation via MSPs:
- The platform has been hardened to support large-scale MSP deployments (e.g., 100+ million users and subscribers, 10,000 tenants, 20,000 concurrent customer care agents)
- The core platform has extensive APIs that enable integration of MDM data, logic and functions into third-party solutions. Specific extensions include APIs to support extended information for CRM solutions.