Notify Technology Corporation, announced that it has extended its partnership with NitroDesk to include incorporating the latest advanced enterprise management and security features of its TouchDown for Android into its NotifyMDM platform. In March of 2010, Notify first announced its support for NitroDesk's TouchDown client for Android using its NotifyLink On-Premise or On-Demand solution.
The TouchDown client for Android provides the leading ActiveSync email and PIM synchronization solution on the market today with over 250,000 active users. TouchDown has been popular with enterprise customers for both its intuitive user experience and its integration with ActiveSync, which is the industry standard for wireless email and PIM synchronization.
Over the past year the TouchDown client has evolved its enterprise focus by providing additional management and security features for integration into mobile device management platforms like NotifyMDM. Notify has been recommending the TouchDown client to all of its Android customers using its NotifyLink and new NotifyMDM products.
NotifyMDM provides organizations and enterprises of any size with unprecedented simplicity in centralized management and control of an array of wireless device platforms, such as Apple iOS, Android, BlackBerry, webOS, and Windows Mobile, Windows Phone 7 and select Nokia S60 Symbian wireless devices, to help address their needs for security, visibility, and device management.
With the new management and security features available with TouchDown 6.5, Notify will highly recommend to customers to install NitroDesk's TouchDown application on their Android smartphone or tablet to achieve secure wireless email and PIM synchronization combined with a robust set of mobile device management features with Notify's NotifyMDM On-Premise or On-Demand solutions.
The TouchDown client will provide enterprise users with almost 60 new management and security features which will be controlled by NotifyMDM administrators. Here are a few of the more significant ones:
Users may purchase the TouchDown client from the Android Marketplace or they can download an evaluation copy from the Android Marketplace while purchasing the license directly from Notify.
- Configuration of TouchDown client: Using NotifyMDM an end user will only have to configure the NotifyMDM client application for their Android device which in turn will automatically configure their TouchDown client.
- Device Signature: Using NotifyMDM administrators can disable making any changes to the ActiveSync device signature supported by the TouchDown client
- Device Lock: Using NotifyMDM administrators have the option to lock the entire device on any Android 2.2 and above device while using the TouchDown client.
- Copy/paste restrictions: Using NotifyMDM administrators can set policies to restrict the user's ability to cut and paste text and data from corporate email to other applications.
- Data encryption for device memory and SD card: All email, PIM, and attachment data within TouchDown is encrypted using AES 256 bit encryption.
- Certificate-based identity: NotifyMDM administrators can now distribute certificates to authenticate the TouchDown client to corporate resources requiring certificate authentication.
- Selective wipe: Using NotifyMDM administrators can wipe email and PIM on an Android device without impacting other data on the device or wipe the entire device.
- S/MIME Signed or Encrypted Email: Using the TouchDown client users will be able to send and receive signed or encrypted S/MIME e-mail messages.
"We are excited to further our relationship with NitroDesk as we have been working with them for over a year. Our enterprise customers will be delighted at the additional functionality we will be able to provide them with our NotifyMDM solution using the advanced capabilities of the TouchDown client," says Paul DePond, president and founder of Notify Technology.
"The customer demand for supporting Android devices in the enterprise has been overwhelming. Enterprises and organizations of all sizes continue to define their mobile device management requirements. We are delighted to have a partner that can respond quickly and effectively to new market requirements. We will promote the TouchDown client to all of our NotifyMDM customers," he adds.
"The combination of Notify's MDM solution and NitroDesk's TouchDown with its new mobile device management features for Android smartphones and tablets enhances the level of security and manageability that is needed for organizations and enterprises of all sizes," says Ronald Goins, COO of NitroDesk Inc. "The popularity of personally-owned devices being used in an enterprise or organization presents a security and management challenge for an organization's IT department and the Notify-NitroDesk partnership provides a solution that satisfies the needs of both IT and the individual."
Users can now click here, NotifyMDM
to sign-up for a 30-day evaluation with up to 50 wireless devices. NotifyMDM On-Premise or On-Demand will work with any email platform that supports ActiveSync including Novell GroupWise Data Synchronizer, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010, Live@EDU, Microsoft On-Line BPOS and Office 365, Lotus Domino Traveler 8.5.x, Axigen, Kerio, CommuniGate, Google Premier Apps, IceWarp, Ipswitch, Open-Xchange, Scalix, Zarafa, and Zimbra.