Proofpoint, Inc., a security-as-a-service provider, has announced two additions to its growing portfolio of solutions for the enterprise mobile workforce. The new Proofpoint Android app allows mobile device users to search for and retrieve archived e-mails stored in Proofpoint Enterprise Archive - including attachments. In addition, Proofpoint has enhanced its one-click message decryption for smart phones and tablets, making the experience of decrypting messages even easier on mobile devices.
"It's important to our company and workforce that our technology solutions extend beyond the desktop," said Kenneth Johnston, chief information officer/vice president of information systems at Guaranty Bank. "By making the mobile decryption experience even easier to use, it encourages employees to use email encryption rather than trying to avoid it, helping an organization protect against data loss."
Easy Retrieval of Assets: The Android app extends the reach of the Proofpoint Mobile Archive app, previously available on Apple's iPhone, into the Android ecosystem. Using the new app, workers with Android mobile devices will be able to easily retrieve email messages - plus slide decks, spreadsheets, or other email attachments - where a PC or laptop isn't readily available.
User-Friendly, "Frictionless" Encryption: The new mobile decryption user interface takes advantage of the technology in the latest generation of smart phones and tablets to create a web interface that looks and feels like a native application. This improved user experience makes it even easier for recipients to decrypt, read, and respond to encrypted messages. Other benefits include no software to install, and full optimization for the device's display file when composing secure messages, whether the recipient is on a smartphone or tablet device.
The new mobile capabilities are a part of Proofpoint's Fall 2011 release. Other new features spanning across Proofpoint's Enterprise Privacy, Enterprise Protection, and Enterprise Archive solutions include:
- Better protection for malicious phishing attacks with improved IP-based reputation, new URL-based reputation, and shortened URL expansion
- IPv6 support to prepare organizations for their transition to the new standard
- Seamless and transparent email decryption between partner organizations with the new Trusted Partner Encryption feature
- Compliance with additional data privacy regulations using new Smart ID's and dictionaries for detection of sensitive information such as driver's license numbers
- Support for SecurID Authentication for administrators