Ruckus Wireless announced the industry's lowest cost, highest performance 802.11n access point to integrate patented adaptive antenna array technology.
Priced at $399, the ZoneFlex 7341 is ideal for mid-market enterprises looking to migrate to higher-speed wireless services while addressing the explosion of handheld, smart mobile devices hitting their networks.
Excellent for schools, hotels, hospitals, clinics and retailers, the ZoneFlex 7341 is a one-port (802.3af power over Ethernet), single-band (2.4GHz) Wi-Fi access point that integrates patented adaptive antenna array to extend signal range and reliability. Housed in a sleek, low-profile design that can be mounted almost anywhere, the ZoneFlex 7341 operates as both as a standalone access point or part of a centrally managed wireless LAN system.
Available immediately, the ZoneFlex 7341 is useful for:
Low-End Price, High-End Performance
- Offering high-speed, low cost, and remotely-controlled Wi-Fi services in branch offices;
- Helping schools easily migrate to higher capacity, dual-band wireless services at a lower total cost of ownership;
- Enabling more robust wireless services within hotels and public venues;
- Providing managed wireless services in retail locations where cost, aesthetics and reliability are key concerns; and
- Delivering high-capacity wireless multimedia hot spot services.
In over-the-air wireless performance testing against high-end competitive 802.11n products from Aruba (AP125) and Cisco Systems (1250) that were twice the price, the new ZoneFlex 7300 series consistently delivered up to 40% better throughput at close and long ranges.
And in performance testing where the orientation of receiving laptops was varied, the ZoneFlex 7300 delivered a dramatic 2x to 4x improvement in throughput over the high-end Aruba 125 and Cisco 1250.
Unlike any other 802.11n access points, Ruckus ZoneFlex access points integrate BeamFlex, a patented software-controlled multi-antenna array that constantly forms and directs Wi-Fi signals over the best performing signal paths on a per packet basis. As RF environments change, Ruckus ZoneFlex APs are able to automatically select better signal paths to increase performance and reduce packet loss thereby ensuring reliable performance at any distance.
Other access points using omni-directional antennas are unable to cope with obstacles and interference, lowering their data rate to reach acceptable levels of services. This degrades performance for all users sharing a given access point.
The ZoneFlex 7341 is a high-capacity access point capable of supporting up to 100 concurrent users. The single-band (2.4GHz) 802.11n design supports two simultaneous spatial streams to provide up to 300 Mbps of Wi-Fi capacity.
Packaged in a lightweight (.0875 lbs/397 grams), compact and ultra-slim design measuring just 7"x7"x1", the Ruckus ZoneFlex 7341 packs a unique collection of powerful capabilities not found in any other 802.11n access points. These include:
Completely manageable as a standalone access point through an easy-to-use, Web-based graphical user interface, the ZoneFlex 7341 is also works in concert with the Ruckus ZoneDirector controller and FlexMaster remote Wi-Fi management platform. An optional USB port is available for mobile operators, ideal for applications such as 3G/4G cellular backhaul of Wi-Fi traffic at remote sites.
- Integrated smart antenna array enabling 4dBi of signal gain for extended coverage;
- Automatic interference avoidance for 10dB of additional signal gain;
- Support for dynamic beamforming and beam steering to mitigate packet loss while ensuring consistent Wi-Fi performance at distance;
- State-of-the-art WPA2, AES encryption and 802.1x support;
- Patented IP multicast streaming;
- Flexible deployment options including standalone or controller-based installation;
- Advanced features (when used with the Ruckus ZoneDirector controller) such as dynamic pre-shared keys and guest networking;
- Advanced QoS with automatic traffic classification and rate limiting;
- Support for eight BSSIDs per radio; and
- Wall, ceiling or desktop mounting.