Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company, has announced its award-winning Salesforce CRM Mobile application has been updated to take full advantage of the new iPhone 3.0 OS software.
This will give customers powerful new features including the ability to cut, paste and copy, clone records, create custom filters, manage tasks using a new calendar interface, and much more.
Salesforce CRM Mobile new features for iPhone and iPod touch
Now, customers can use the industry's leading enterprise cloud computing applications and platform to take advantage of exciting new features including:
- Cut, copy and paste -- Quickly and easily cut, copy, and paste text from emails and text messages directly into Salesforce CRM
- Clone Records -- Thumb--saving clone button lets users easily create identical records and save a bunch of typing
- Calendar--like Events -- Manage events with ease with a new date--indexed view and a calendar--like interface
- Custom Filters -- Quickly find information with custom filters on any list of data
- Convert Lead -- Convert a lead as soon as the user hangs up the phone. The iPhone now offers lead conversion on a single form
- Visualforce mobile custom linking -- Create custom mobile links on any object in Salesforce CRM: link from an Account directly to a Yahoo! news site with the latest news about a company, or link to a custom Visualforce page to show all related contacts and their images
The Sales Cloud goes mobile
With Salesforce CRM Mobile, customers get instant, anywhere access to data in their Salesforce CRM app, as well as custom Force.com applications directly on their iPhone or iPod touch. Salesforce CRM Mobile drives productivity for field sales reps and mobile workers by delivering:
Salesforce.com's mobile application is fast approaching 100,000 downloads, and the company is on pace to cross this threshold in July 2009.
- Instant access to customer information such as accounts, contacts and opportunities
- Management tools including dashboards, reporting and powerful analytics
- Centralised administration within Salesforce CRM
- Point--and--click customisability
- Initiate phone calls and emails from within Salesforce CRM
- Secure data communication and remote device management âââ‚¬Å¡¬" all data stored on the device is encrypted by Salesforce CRM
- Custom or third-party applications built natively on the Force.com cloud computing platform can be accessed using Salesforce CRM Mobile on the iPhone and iPod touch
Salesforce CRM Mobile is available free from Apple's App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
Salesforce CRM Mobile is included with Salesforce Unlimited Edition and available to Enterprise and Professional Edition customers. All Enterprise and Professional Edition customers can get started with mobile for free with Mobile Lite.
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. The company's portfolio of Salesforce CRM applications, available at http://www.salesforce.com/products/, has revolutionised the ways that companies collaborate and communicate with their customers across sales, marketing and service. The company's Force.com platform (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/) enables customers, partners and developers to quickly build powerful business applications to run every part of the enterprise in the cloud. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multi-tenant architecture, Salesforce CRM and Force.com offer the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing.
As of April 30, 2009, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 59,300 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Dow Jones Newswires, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks. Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM".