ViryaNet Limited, a leading provider of software solutions that optimize the planning, execution and monitoring of service processes for mobile field service workforces, announced the availability of a prepackaged meter services mobile workforce management solution, ViyaNet G4 Smart Meter. The solution developed on top of ViryaNet G4, the company’s flagship product.
As worldwide demand for smart-grid technologies increases coupled with regulatory mandates for the adoption of smart-meters, utilities around the world are struggling to maintain operational efficiencies and high levels of customer satisfaction. On top of these demands, consumers are now beginning to pressure utilities to provide better customer service, especially since consumers now have choices where to buy their energy as a result of massive deregulation.
These growing pressures are forcing utility customer service departments to handle a sky-rocketing number of requests such as installations, turn-on and turn-offs, meter maintenance activities and broad smart-meter replacement programs. Utilities around the world are looking for ways to have a measurable impact on their operations and customer service and the ViyaNet G4 Smart Meter solution provides the answer.
The ViyaNet G4 Smart Meter solution will help utilities to improve customer service and reduce operational costs in five main areas:
- A more robust way to meet customer appointment commitments
- More efficient scheduling and routing of field service technicians
- Enforcement of best practice business processes for performing meter service tasks
- Managing meter logistics in the field
- Ensuring accurate meter data capture
The ViryaNet G4 Smart Meter solution includes:
- A built pre-configured set of business processes for meter services work types, skills and parts based upon the input of leading global utilities
- Out-of-the-box integration with a variety of meter devices
- Best practices for meter services scheduling, dispatch, and work execution business processes
- An integrated data mart for extensive reporting capabilities
- Installation on all leading business mobile devices, including laptops, netbooks, tablets, and smartphones
"We have a clear strategy to bring to the market pre-packaged solutions that combine industry best practices and our G4 product platform. These pre-packaged solutions will dramatically reduce implementation time and continue to allow us to set the standard in time-to-benefit," says Jeff Oskin, president of ViryaNet. "We are especially pleased with the ViryaNet G4 Smart Meter solution as we worked closely with our customers and partners to identify and solve the most vital and complex workforce management needs in this fast growing market sector.”