recently announced the Fall 2010 release of MobilityCentral
, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for enterprise mobility management. With the latest release, MobilityCentral now offers enhanced ease of use, increased security, and a scalable platform to better support growth for its 150-plus customers.
Managing Corporate Wireless Spend
Enterprise and SMB smartphone penetration rates are at an all-time high and while this trend is great for employee productivity, it puts a strain on mobility managers charged with overseeing corporate mobility policies, wireless inventory tracking, employee overages, and overall mobile budgets. Traditional IT tools used to manage corporate wireless devices are time consuming, expensive, and difficult to manage across carriers.
"Cell phones, smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices have transformed the workplace by aligning consumerized and personalized technology with business goals, but companies have struggled to control the costs associated with these new enterprise mobility devices," says Hyoun Park, research analyst for Aberdeen Group. "While traditional wireless expense management capabilities are vital for direct cost management of rate plans and devices, organizations preparing for the future of enterprise mobility must manage the total cost of ownership even as form factors and use cases continue to evolve."
Through its SaaS delivery model, Visage Mobileââ€š¬â„¢s MobilityCentral solution can be up and running in days and is designed to ease this management strain by tracking how many mobile devices a company has, which employee has what device, and how much the company spends each month on wireless service. With greater mobile management, organizations can significantly reduce costs by eliminating wireless overspend and reducing the time and effort required to process carrier invoices and track inventory. Once a companyââ€š¬â„¢s mobile program is transparent, MobilityCentral can also assist in managing corporate policies and ensuring compliance.
MobilityCentral Fall 2010 Enhancements:
- Improved user interface (UI)
- Enhanced navigation and dashboards to provide a better user experience
- Updated informational icons to provide contextual, online help throughout the application Enhanced login security
- Greater functionality Ability to take bulk action with reconciliation to improve process efficiency
- Automated device profile creation to add new devices into inventory
- Visual indicator to show when a user, device, or billing record is in reconciliation
- Better inventory tracking
- Enhanced detail on feature downloads to highlight premium services and potential out-of-policy usage
- More visibility into Move/Add/Change/Delete (MACD) events to better track the constant updates to devices and wireless service
- Enhanced device history to allow for 360-degree visibility on changes
- Platform upgrades
- Creation of server clusters and enhancements to backend systems support scale in customers and data
- Improved scalability due to back-end improvements
"With over 11,500 employees, it was becoming increasingly difficult to track and process multiple wireless carrier billing statements and inventory for devices, plans and features across the employee base," says Jackie Neeley, mobile device administrator at Beckman Coulter, Inc. "With MobilityCentral, I can log in and immediately access dashboards that show the state of my mobility program, including cross-carrier spend data and metrics, and employee usage and spend. From the dashboards, I can drill down into the details as needed. Combined with its reporting capabilities, MobilityCentral saves our business an impressive amount of time and money."