Worksoft, a provider of test automation solutions for SAP solutions and the "ecosystem" of software that surrounds it, announced a worldwide partnership with Keynote Systems subsidiary, Keynote DeviceAnywhere, an enterprise-class, cloud-based platform for testing the functionality, performance and availability of mobile applications and websites. The partnership extends Worksoft's award-winning suite of automated testing solutions for SAP applications to all Android, Blackberry, iPhone, Windows Phone 7, and WebOS smartphones and tablets, delivering an even higher level of enterprise agile testing capabilities.
Worksoft provides an integrated, end-to-end test automation solution, focused squarely on functional and performance testing of SAP applications and the ecosystem of software that surrounds it. Industry consensus is that $0.40 of every dollar that is spent supporting packaged application software is dedicated to testing and validating changes. Worksoft reduces the time, effort and cost of the application testing lifecycle, accelerating customer time-to-value and significantly reducing operational costs.
"Investments in mobility are important drivers of value maximization of SAP environments today," said Susan Tan, research director at Gartner. "Adopters reap benefits but also challenges that can be minimized through designing solutions for how users work, linking objectives closely with business drivers and paying close attention to change management." Thomas Murphy, Research Director at Gartner said, "The demands of business require faster time to market and more efficient use of resources. Tools that enable agility and anywhere access, be they desktop or device, are key to meeting these demands."
A summary of key features includes the following:
Worksoft's new mobile testing capabilities are currently available as a limited release to select customers, with general availability to follow later in the year. Today's announcement was made at the IBM Innovate Conference being held in Orlando from June 3-7, 2012.
- 24x7, remote online access to all popular mobile devices including Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, and WebOS smartphones and tablets
- An always-on, globally accessible device bank saves significant cost and effort vs. establishing and managing mobile QA labs for distributed teams
- Test or monitor any mobile app or website – native, HTML5, network-aware, streaming, multi-media, etc.
- No infrastructure investment in mobile devices required
- Instead of testing mobile devices separately, users can now incorporate them into true end-to-end testing to understand how they operate in real-world conditions