Zenprise, a vendor focused on secure Mobile Device Management (MDM) has announced it supports the newest addition to Apple's family of iOS-based smartphones and tablets - the third generation iPad.
Zenprise also announced that its Enterprise Mobile Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) solution for iOS now supports audio and video delivery. The addition of audio and video support enables customers to make employees even more productive on the go. A few examples include sharing high resolution video for HR compliance training, sales enablement and corporate executive communications.
Zenprise Enterprise Mobile DLP for iOS
The Zenprise Enterprise Mobile Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) solution gives users the ability to securely view corporate files on their iPads or iPhones. IT administrators can set policies to protect particularly sensitive data on these devices.
- A data-agnostic secure content container
- Secure role- and policy-based distribution of content
- Encryption of data-at-rest and data-in-transit
- File synchronization across mobile devices and back-end collaboration software
- Support for distributing and managing video
- Integration with leading collaboration tools starting with Microsoft SharePoint
- Content version control and time expiry
- Content- and context-aware policies for user actions such as save, print, email, copy, and paste
- Dynamic policies such as wipe container upon device jailbreak
Container/data wipe in case of device loss or theft or other unauthorized use
The Zenprise Mobile DLP solution works by transparently monitoring and securing content, including video, at the data layer rather than by trying to isolate or "containerize" applications. The container approach can hamper the user experience and isn't always effective. The solution features dynamic context- and content-aware, policy-based mobile DLP capabilities that provide security, data control, audit and compliance, and data expiry for sensitive data across its lifecycle.
In addition, Zenprise's Mobile DLP application integrates natively with Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365 via an encrypted network connection. This approach enables end-to-end control and synchronization of corporate data. The implementation is a snap-in approach and requires virtually no change to an organization's existing infrastructure to enable protection of corporate data on mobile devices.