American Industrial Systems, Inc.
(AIS) introduces a portable 10.4" rugged Operator Interface tablet PC
utilizing a low-power, high-efficiency 1.6Ghz Intel Atom Z530 processor. The large touch screen tablet features enhanced transflective LED technology providing vibrant color and sharp text in all environments including direct outdoor sunlight, perfect for running application, reading documents, and surfing the web. The Operator Interface tablet PC has the capability to interact with pumps, meters, machines, equipment, and controller devices via wireless communication networks for control, monitoring, and data logging. Staying connected is simple with a built-in 802.11 b/g/n WLAN module, Bluetooth V2.0 +EDR, and available 3G and GPS modules for increased range and tracking information. Everything is packaged within a compact lightweight semi-rugged chassis weighing in at 2.6lbs and featuring IP54 rated water/dustproof resistance, multiple 3-foot drop rated, and enhanced shock and vibration protection.
Compared to consumer tablets, the enhanced ruggedization and outdoor viewing capability give the unit a huge advantage for field applications in forestry, agriculture, process control, robotics, utilities, and field service. Mobile reporting, logging, and POS ordering can be performed in a variety of environments including, rain, dust, and in-vehicle use. The rugged handheld HMI terminal is completely sealed, including the I/O connections to an IP54 dust/waterproof rating, in additional to a rugged housing with rubber bumpers for enhanced shock and vibration resistant operation. Optional standard and glass-film-glass (GFG) resistive touchscreens are also available for excellent durability during heavy commercial usage that would wear out standard touchscreens.
A complete line of optional accessories are custom designed to attach seamlessly onto the rugged tablet PC, enhancing the versatility for the outdoor tablet to many application. GPS, 3G cellular wireless, MSR (magnetic swipe reader) credit card reader, barcode scanner, shock absorbing rubber bumpers, upright stand, second/backup battery, and charging cradle are all currently available. Mixing and matching optional modules such as the GPS module, extended battery, and 3G wireless can turn the semi-rugged tablet PC into a mobile data collection terminal, excellent for construction, utilities, agriculture, and field service.
The custom engineered hot-swappable second battery allows 24/7 continuous operation without any downtime or interruption. The primary and secondary battery combine for up to 6 hours of operating time. The completely fanless Intel Atom Z530 processor allows for silent operation, high reliability, and long lifetime support from Intel. Windows XP Embedded Professional and XP Embedded operating systems are both supported. The AIS 3G, WiFi and GPS-enabled semi-rugged tablet PC provides a mobile operator interface, HMI terminal, and rugged tablet pc for industrial, commercial, and retail environments where reliability, quality, flexibility, and service are paramount.
Feature and Benefits of the AIS 10.4" Semi-Rugged Tablet PC:
- Efficient Low-power 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z530 Processor
- The 10.4" TFT display is a compact platform designed for small-sized mobile operator interface applications
- Low-Reflectance Resistive Touchscreen for sunlight readability
- MIL-810F environmental engineering compliance for shock and vibration, dust, waterproof, humidity, drop resistance
- Multiple 3-foot drop rated; IP54 Rated Water/Dustproof; Vibration-resistant
- Versatile mobile communication functions optional including WWAN (GPRS/GSM/CDMA/UMTS/EDGE) and GPS module
- Embedded lifecycle support protects system investment by enabling extended product availability for industrial embedded customers
- Available OS: Windows XP Professional Embedded / Windows XP Embedded
- Meet IEEE 1613 international communications networking standard
- CE and FCC certified, and RoHS compliant