Apperian, Inc., a provider of enterprise mobile application management (MAM), has partnered with more than a dozen companies to empower mobile application developers to publish apps directly into Apperian's MAM platform and enterprise app catalogs from partners' user interfaces.
Alpha Software, Antenna Software, AnyPresence, Appcelerator, FeedHenry, IBM Worklight, iFactr, Intrepid Pursuits, Kawet, Kony Solutions, Mobiquity, Verivo Software, ViziApps and Xamarin have all signed on.
"There are several steps within the mobile app lifecycle, so tight integration between app development and app management tools will speed and simplify deployments for IT and line-of-business managers," said Chris Hazelton, Research Director, Mobile & Wireless at 451 Research. "The ability to quickly publish custom mobile apps regardless of how or where they are sourced within an organization will drive broad adoption of deployment-ready and enterprise-manageable mobile apps for employees and customers."
"It's much easier for us as an enterprise to quickly adopt and deploy applications by incorporating mobile application management capabilities from the start," said Alan Wamser, supervisor at Hays Medical Center, a customer of Apperian and Appcelerator. "Apps enabled by Apperian are easier to distribute, monitor, and manage -- making the entire process of creating great mobile apps better because developers can now engage with users throughout the process."
The Publishing Partner Program is designed to deliver a number of benefits for anyone building mobile apps for the enterprise, including:
- 1-Click app publishing for testing and rollout: whether for 5 or 50,000 users
- Seamless integration with an "enterprise app catalog" platform with a consumer-like way of reaching users
- Access to rich mobile app management capabilities that enable enterprises to manage and track app updates, apply security policies, manage testing, and track user feedback
- Increased exposure for published apps to drive adoption with new users, which provides faster time-to-deployment and higher ROI
- Integrated app signing that allows organizations to sign or re-sign iOS and Android apps for full enterprise distribution, or update existing apps with new credentials
- User feedback capabilities that lets users post comments, ideas and report bugs quickly and easily, allowing development teams to manage beta cycles, proof of concepts and full app roll-outs.