AppSense announced updates to its enterprise mobility solution DataNow Essentials and introduced an enhanced DataNow app to give consumers a single way to both access and aggregate on-premise corporate data and personal data stored in popular cloud storage solutions. DataNow gives enterprises and consumers a secure, anywhere data access that enables greater user productivity while mitigating privacy and security concerns.
DataNow, which continues to be offered as part of the AppSense User Virtualization Platform, can now be purchased separately on a per-user basis to enable anywhere data access from PCs, Macs, tablets and smartphones using an organization's existing IT infrastructure. DataNow Essentials supports mobility within the enterprise by enabling organizations to provide greater flexibility to employees seeking mobile productivity across both corporate and personal devices. Key advantages of DataNow Essentials include:
DataNow Essentials makes it easy for IT departments and end-users to embrace new mobile computing approaches without compromising security or compliance. To learn more about DataNow Essentials visit Go.Appsense.com.
- Enterprise-class security and policy applied to corporate and user data
- Simple integration with on-premise storage
- No migration of data required
- No disruption to business process or data access approaches
- Storage agnostic approach allows for future flexibility
An updated version of the free DataNow app is available for both the iPhone and iPad. Along with a connector to the DataNow broker for enterprise data, the app now includes connectors to Dropbox, Microsoft SkyDrive, Google Drive and Citrix ShareFile among others. The DataNow app gives users:
To download the DataNow App and learn more about DataNow Essentials, please visit http://www.appsense.com/datanow.
- One-stop app for both corporate data and personal data stored in cloud services
- On-the-fly file encryption / decryption for added data security
- Simple, touch-based interface for sharing files by e-mail or transferring files between cloud providers
- Mobile access to traditional storage servers using FTP or WebDAV
- In-app access to local camera roll for convenient photo uploading to cloud storage or corporate servers