Bluebeam Software launched its new Revu iPad app for the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industries. Revu facilitates digital workflow productivity by enabling users to access, navigate, and annotate PDF files on the go. With Revu iPad, comments and annotations display clearly and accurately so nothing is missed, reducing ambiguous communications.
A developer of PDF-based workflow solutions for the Architecture-Engineering-Construction (AEC) industry, Revu iPad officially expands Bluebeam's award-winning platform solution, Revu for Windows, for use in other industries. Versatile from its inception, Revu for Windows is already successfully used in accounting, aerospace, and education to streamline daily tasks and improve productivity. Revu for iPad establishes creative use of PDF technology for digital workflows not previously possible or imagined.
Bluebeam Revu for iPad features customizable clouds, highlights, text and other annotations so consumers can markup PDFs with ease, as well as save them for reuse across sessions. Sharing feedback or trying to decipher edits – while wasting precious time, budget and paper – is no longer an issue with Revu for iPad. Bluebeam's new app shatters these archaic limitations.
More than a PDF viewer, Revu digitizes workflows by empowering users to:
In addition, Revu easily works with Bluebeam's cloud offering, Bluebeam Studio, taking collaboration up a notch by allowing users to add markups to the same PDF, together in real time or separately on their own time, from anywhere with an Internet connection. Users can chat while working, and track or filter all session activity in the record, which links back the PDFs.
- Access, edit and collaborate on the go, in remote locations, on or off the cloud.
- Quickly navigate through multi-page PDFs using thumbnails and bookmarks.
- Easily add customizable markups (texts, pen marks, highlights, etc.) on PDFs and save them for future use in Revu's exclusive Tool Chest.
- Insert images as an attachment or directly to the PDF using the built-in iPad camera and photo library.
- Track all document feedback via the integrated Markups list, which records every annotation including the annotation author, date and time.
- Sync and open files stored in the cloud using iTunes, Dropbox, Box and WebDav.
- Remove, sync or move files to custom Categories in the included File Access tab so they can be located and opened later with just a tap.
While Revu iPad has an impressive lineup of features and functionality, Bluebeam is continuing to push the limits of how users will collaborate on the go with its app.
Revu iPad is the company's second app offering. Vu iPad, Bluebeam's free PDF viewer, launched earlier this year. Revu iPad will be available on Apple's App Store for $9.99 beginning in July 2012.
For more information, visit www.bluebeam.com.