Brainshark, Inc., a sales enablement platform provider, has launched SlideShark Broadcasting which makes presentations delivered from the iPad and iPhone accessible in real time to remote or in-person meeting attendees on their device of choice.
Users can now invite others to view their presentation as it’s being delivered live. Presenters also have the ability to draw on slides, using new annotation capabilities. Presenters can draw attention to elements with a highlighter or pen – choosing from six different colors and three thicknesses. They can erase sections, as well as the entire drawing, and save their annotations for reference and/or future use. Annotations are also visible in real time during a broadcast.
Attendees can view live broadcasts of presentations via their Web browser – no downloads required. Presenters maintain control over what content is delivered, when it’s delivered and the overall cadence of the meeting. At the meeting’s conclusion, they also receive detailed reports on audience viewing activity and attendance.
Introduced a year-and-a-half ago, SlideShark has been downloaded more than 1.4 million times and is used by individuals and businesses in more than 140 countries. The app gives users the ability to view and present PowerPoints on the iPad and iPhone with fonts, animations, graphics, videos and hyperlinks intact – while also serving as a business-class platform to distribute, track and manage content in the cloud.
With the launch of SlideShark Broadcasting, users can:
- Tap within the app to begin broadcasting their live presentations. Presenters each have a unique URL with their username that attendees use to join the broadcast.
- Invite attendees by email from within the app – either before the presentation starts or even during it – to simply click the link to join the broadcast. Presenters can also add additional information, such as a welcome message and conference call number, which will be visible to attendees.
- Prompt attendees to enter a unique security code, if desired, in order to ensure privacy for each broadcast session.
- Receive visual alerts when someone enters/exits a broadcast.
- Get an in-depth report on who attended the broadcast and for how long.
- Access additional detailed reports on the broadcast meeting itself – including how long it lasted, which presentations and slides were shown, how much time was spent on each slide and more.
Along with the launch of SlideShark Broadcasting, Brainshark is also offering SlideShark Pro, which includes broadcasting capabilities and provides an additional 1GB of storage for the user. Account holders are able to invite up to 10 attendees to view each presentation they broadcast. (Users of the Team Edition, the multi-user business version, can invite up to 25 attendees per broadcast.)
Free SlideShark users, as well as individuals with SlideShark Plus accounts, can try out the capability through May 31 at no cost – inviting up to three attendees to view each broadcast.