GoodCase Apps, Ltd. has updated its iPad product for attorneys, CaseManager 1.3, which gives attorneys access to the resources they need to practice law away from the office.
The 1.3 upgrade includes:
CaseManager contains everything the attorney needs to access, modify, and create information and text about a case wherever they are: in court, in a meeting, on an airplane, on vacation. It includes an easily maintained and auto-syncing calendar and address book, storage for case documents, chronological lists for notes and facts of the case, automated billable time clock, record keeping for expenses, and more.
- Event and task scheduling functionality directly in Global Calendar, where all entries are visible
- The ability to compose, modify or annotate a document in your favorite third-party application then return it to CaseManager's Document compartment
- Improved interface design, simplified layout, clearer help instructions and bug fixes
CaseManager is organized both horizontally and vertically. Noting that attorney's think in terms of cases, the application first lists a menu of all cases, then for a selected case it features the same easily understood navigation to all important areas specific to that case: contacts, calendar, events, documents, facts, notes, time and expenses, and tasks. Or, for a comprehensive view of such areas as daily and monthly calendar, contacts, tasks, and time and expenses, CaseManager combines all data across cases into a single, readily viewable file.
CaseManager stores the case-file data and is therefore not dependent on an Internet connection, so it may be used anywhere. Some key features:
"The world is mobile," says GoodCase president John Upton, an attorney, "and clients are best served when their attorneys always have their full legal resources at hand. Our CaseManager software helps attorneys do just that, while being as productive as possible out of the office."
- Add appointments, events, key dates on the run in four different calendar views, all easily transferred to your personal or business iCal
- Add up to dozens of cases with all the supporting material you need
- Attach case notes and thoughts when convenient
- Store pertinent documents in an easy-to-use case-by-case archive
- Record and keep track of all billable time and expenses—with handy running totals
- Save key contacts for each case, then sync to iPad's address book
CaseManager 1.3 for iPad is currently available via the Apple iTunes App Store for the price of $14.99. Search for it by name or in the category Productivity.
CaseManager for iPad can be viewed on the company's website at goodcaseapps.com.