SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire) - Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation, the expert in pen computing, showcased its 17 years of experience in developing tablet PCs, announcing the Stylistic ST6012 slate tablet PC featuring the first embedded, biometric pre-boot authentication available on a slate, improved processor performance, and a new semi-rugged sleek exterior. Less than one-inch thick with a 12.1-inch, anti-glare display, the comfortable-to-carry slate is ideal for on-your-feet computing markets including insurance, education, and healthcare, as well as retail/mobile sales.
With its multifunction pen and indoor/outdoor display, the Stylistic ST6012 slate works like pen and paper -- only better -- offering the ability to write or sketch on the display, fill out digital forms, enter data and take orders. Plus, an optional rear mounted webcam captures images essential for reports such as insurance claims. When customers need to acknowledge receipt or sign contracts, the Stylistic ST6012 tablet PC delivers with digital signature capture using automatic handwriting recognition and special software.
About Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation
- Stylistic ST6012 Slate Tablet PC
- The only slate that comes standard with pre-boot authentication (PBA) adding another layer of data security to an already robust security arsenal. PBA reduces the risk of attackers gaining access to data by not loading the operating system until it is user authenticated.
- Powered by the Intel Core(TM) 2 Duo ULV SU9400 (1.4 GH), Intel GS45 Chipset and Intel GMA 4500M hard drive.
- Intel Centrino 2 with Intel vPro(TM) Technology available on select configurations.
- Bright 12.1" wide XGA transmissive indoor/outdoor display with 160 degree viewing angles and improved brightness delivering 300 nits.
- Expanded hard drive to 320GB or solid state drive up to 64GB, and DDR3 800MHz dual-channel support memory.
- Stay connected with Gigabit Ethernet and a choice of Intel Wi-Fi Link 5300AGN (802.11a/b/g/draft-n) or Atheros XSPAN (802.11a/b/g/draft n)
- Optional 1.3 mega-pixel (640x480) webcam.
- Optional wireless USB and Bluetooth v. 2.1 for added convenience.
- Now offers up to 11 hours and 40 minutes of battery life2 with a nine-cell battery or 7.5 hours(2) with a six-cell battery option.
- Priced starting at $1,9991 for a base configuration. Users can choose from a recommended configuration, or they can customize their Stylistic ST6012 slate tablet PC using the Fujitsu Configure To Order (CTO) program. Available immediately through the Fujitsu website and select retailers/e-tailers3.
- Weighs 3.5 pounds.
- Semi-rugged design with magnesium alloy lower casing and shock-mounted accelerometer-based hard drive for added durability.
- Innovative one-touch application buttons including one-step display mode rotation.
- Uncompromised security with embedded Trusted Platform Module (TPM), dedicated smart card slot, Fujitsu security application panel, two-level hard drive password, BIOS-enabled Computrace LoJack theft recovery service and universal lock slot.
- Optional tablet dock solution with choice of none, DVD-ROM, Combo or DL DVD+/-RW drives.
- Pre-installed with Microsoft Windows Vista Business, Bonus Media or Windows Vista Business, Downgrade Service (Windows XP TPC), and bundled with Microsoft Office OneNote 2007.
- Dual digital microphone array with noise cancellation and echo suppression.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Fujitsu Computer Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) committed to the design, development and delivery of advanced computer systems, application infrastructure software products, and managed services for the business enterprise. Through its TRIOLE strategy, the company offers a complete line of scalable and reliable servers, storage and middleware solutions, high-performance mobile and client computers, as well as professional services. Fujitsu Computer Systems has established itself as a strategic solutions provider to the world's leading organizations by offering technology innovation, customer choice, exceptional product quality and reliability, as well as outstanding customer service.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 160,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 5.3 trillion yen (US$53 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2008.
1 Battery life estimates reflect the results of BAPCo MobileMark2007 Productivity Workloads performed upon systems with battery life setting enabled on Windows XP operating systems. Actual battery life will vary based on screen brightness, applications used, features selected, power management settings, battery conditioning, and other customer preferences. DVD/CD-RW, DVD Writer, LAN, wireless LAN or hard drive usage may also have a significant impact on battery life.
2 Pricing may change without notice.
3 Certain retailers will only offer select models.