SUNNYVALE, CA-- Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation announced notebook innovations that satisfy consumer and corporate demand for greater mobility and usability.
"Fujitsu continues our commitment to delivering practical innovations that simplify computing and help our customers accomplish their goals," says Paul Moore, Senior Director of Mobile Product Management, Fujitsu Computer Systems. "Full GPS navigation in a mini notebook not only makes sense it also reduces the number of devices mobile consumers and professionals need to carry while on the road. A second display with touch support on a desktop replacement notebook can simplify the execution and organization of Windows applications making for a better user experience and greater productivity. We will continue to listen carefully to the needs of our customers and deliver the features, performance, and reliability they want and need."
The 1.32 pound LifeBook U820 convertible mini notebook, the first mini notebook combining full-featured Windows PC functionality with integrated Garmin Mobile PC navigation software, provides powerful computing and complete GPS navigation for about the same price as a premium GPS system. The LifeBook N7010 desktop replacement notebook is the industry's first full-size notebook to include a second Touch Zone display for keeping more information visible at all times without cluttering the main desktop.
Powered by the Intel Centrino Atom Z-series processor, the LifeBook U820 mini notebook with integrated turn-by-turn, voice-prompted navigation from Garmin eliminates the need for on-the-go consumers and mobile professionals -- particularly in the field force and sales force automation areas -- to carry separate devices for computing and navigation.
The LifeBook U820 mini-notebook's 5.6-inch Crystal View wide XGA touch screen is the ideal viewing screen offering a similar viewing area to standalone GPS systems. Its improved QWERTY keyboard features an extra set of rows for more comfortable typing and a zoom utility for easier viewing.
"The ultra portable LifeBook U820 mini notebook is the ideal form factor for integrating Garmin Mobile PC," said Charles Morse, Director Mobile and Online Marketing at Garmin. "The combination of a full-featured PC along with a full-featured navigation system is perfect for today's on-the-go work and leisure lifestyles that demand high-tech conveniences without device proliferation."
The LifeBook N7010 has not one, but two LCD screens encased in a sleek glossy black housing. The primary screen is an impressive large, 16-inch wide-aspect Crystal View Display which delivers brighter images and richer colors, while a second 4-inch Touch Zone touch screen enhances productivity by keeping information, such as photo slide show, CD/DVD controls, or application shortcuts visible at all times for seamless multitasking.
Instead of minimizing applications, consumers can have two live applications running at the same time by dragging one into the Touch Zone. For example, they can work on a large file on the main screen and chat on the webcam below.
Fujitsu also announced the LifeBook P1630 feather-light and compact convertible tablet PC featuring the new Intel Centrino 2 Ultra Low Voltage processor technology, integrated wireless broadband and a webcam.
"For over seven years, Republic National Distributing Company has relied upon Fujitsu to deliver reliable, high performing, ultra-portable notebooks that enable our 1,000 person field force to provide the highest level of service," said Warren Newman, Corporate VP Information Technology and CIO, Republic National Distributing Company, the second largest distributor of premium wine and spirits in the U.S. "Fujitsu has continued to evolve the LifeBook P1600 Series convertible notebook with the latest processor technology to make it an indispensable partner for the mobile workforce."
Highlights: LifeBook U820 mini notebook
- Built-in GPS receiver and integrated Garmin Mobile PC software preloaded with maps of the U.S. and Canada, millions of destinations and points of interest, turn-by-turn directions, and route planning.
- Lighter weight starting at 1.32 pounds.
- Powered by the Intel Centrino Atom Z-series processor which supports lower power consumption, fewer chips, VT Technology and integrated support for 1080p HD video decode.
- An additional row of keys and a new overall layout of the keyboard to more closely simulate a standard QWERTY keyboard.
- Maintains security features including fingerprint sensor and BIOS lock, and adds a Kensington lock slot to deter physical theft.
- Now offers up to 7.5 hours of battery life3 with four-cell battery or 3.5 hours3 with new 2-cell battery option.
- Hard disk drive up to 120GB or solid state drive up to 64GB.
- Improved screen resolution with WXGA display.
- Enhanced video quality with 1.3 mega--pixel (640x480) resolution webcam.
- Priced starting at $1,0491 for a base configuration. Users can choose from a recommended configuration, or they can customize their LifeBook U820 mini notebook using the Fujitsu Configure To Order (CTO) program. Available immediately through the Fujitsu website and select retailers/e--tailers2.
- Pre--installed with Windows Vista Business or Home Premium, offering plenty of power to work, access an office network, check email, conduct video conferences, watch downloaded movies, listen to MP3 files, play games, browse the Internet, take pictures or stay connected with family and friends.
- Convertible form factor offers keyboard, touch or pen input.
- Zoom utility for easier viewing.
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Stay connected on the go with Atheros XSPAN wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g/draft-n) or optional wireless broadband (coming by Q1 2009).
Highlights: LifeBook N7010 desktop replacement notebook
- Additional 4-inch touch screen display for photo slide show, CD/DVD controls, as well as application launcher.
- High-speed Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 (2.26GHz, 3MB L2 cache, 1066GHz FSB) for fast processing and exceptional wireless networking.
- Large 16-inch wide-aspect Crystal View Display -- a high-contrast display that delivers brighter images and richer colors in true 16:9 widescreen format.
- Priced at $1,4991 for a fixed configuration. Orderable immediately through the Fujitsu direct sales force, website and channel partners and select retailers/e-tailers2.
- Integrated Blu--ray ROM optical drives for a high--definition experience.
- Connect to high definition large screen TV with integrated HMDI port.
- Powerful ATI Radeon HD 3470 graphics with 256MB GDDR3 dedicated graphics memory and up to 2GB of HyperMemory support.
- Dedicated Memory Stick/SD card slot for fast and easy downloads of pictures, music, and data.
- Integrated E-Sata port. It is 5x faster than USB and ideal for transferring large data files.
- Integrated webcam with 1.3 mega--pixels (640x480) resolution and digital microphone.
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100 (802.11AGN).
- Gesture-enabled touchpad for easy scrolling and zooming.
- Removable dust-filter, spill-resistant keyboard and shock mount hard drive offer added reliability and peace of mind.
- Footprint is almost the same as a standard 15.4" notebook.
Highlights: LifeBook P1630 feather-light and compact convertible notebook
"The latest version of Softex OmniPass shipping on the LifeBook P1630 notebook supports the Fujitsu pre-boot fingerprint authentication library," said Vishal Jhaveri, vice president, Marketing, Softex Incorporated. "We worked with Fujitsu to integrate the pre-boot authentication feature into the latest Fujitsu tablet PC. It provides users with a new, more robust level of security."
- Improved performance and battery life from the latest Intel Centrino 2 processor technology with dual-core Intel Core 2 Duo SU9300 Ultra Low Voltage Processor and Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/b/g/draft-n).
- Up to 6.15 hours4 with the high-capacity battery option -- an hour longer than its predecessor.
- Optional wireless broadband (coming in the first quarter of 2009).
- Webcam with 1.3 mega--pixels (640 x480) resolution.
- Priced starting at $2,1791 for a base configuration. Users can choose from a recommended configuration, or they can customize their LifeBook P1630 convertible tablet PC using the Fujitsu Configure To Order (CTO) program. Available immediately through the Fujitsu direct sales force, website and channel partners and select retailers/e-tailers2.
- Compact convertible tablet PC, weighing only 2.2 pounds with an 8.9-inch WXGA touch-sensitive widescreen display with a high contrast ratio and exceptional viewing angle.
- Top and bottom magnesium-alloy exterior for extra durability and protection.
- Solid state drive option.
- Advanced security with Fujitsu Portshutter data-leak-prevention software, and built-in biometric fingerprint swipe with pre-boot authentication (PBA).
- Optional integrated Bluetooth wireless technology.
1 Pricing may change without notice.
2 Certain retailers will only offer select models.
3 Battery life estimates reflect the results of BAPCo MobileMark2007 Productivity Workloads performed upon systems with battery life setting enabled on Windows XP operating systems. Actual battery life will vary based on screen brightness, applications used, features selected, power management settings, battery conditioning, and other customer preferences. DVD/CD-RW, DVD Writer, LAN, wireless LAN or hard drive usage may also have a significant impact on battery life.
4 Based on test systems running Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista.