Intermec today introduced version 8 of its Skynax mobility management system.
Skynax offers a single-system approach for mobile data exchange, integrated application and device management, support and security.
The system transforms and integrates business data between mobile applications and host systems in real time, ensuring that mobile users have access to complete, up-to-date information.
The system, which is comprised of a suite of server, desktop and mobile device software applications, is designed to meet the needs of customers in field service, direct store delivery, presales and merchandising, transportation and logistics, and public safety.
“As mobility continues to be critical to the success of enterprise organizations, Intermec is committed to delivering solutions that help reduce the complexities associated with extending back-office business applications to mobile workforces,” Larry Klimczyk, vice president of Intermec Global Solutions, said in a statement. “With a significant number of corporate users, Intermec’s Skynax Mobility Management is a proven solution for business critical mobility communications.”
Key functionality includes the following:
- Data synchronization. Skynax automates and accelerates data synchronization processes so a system is ready to meet peak user demands, and provides the ability to monitor and control the exchange of all business data.
- Network connectivity and utilization. Skynax enables enterprises to optimize network utilization and control network connectivity for mobile applications, helping to reduce communication expenses by up to 40%. The system also allows IT departments to monitor and manage all communications with an audit trail.
- Security. Skynax installs as a secure system out of the box with FIPS compliant authentication and encryption methods, allowing business data to be transmitted securely through any private or public network and assuring compliance with security and device configuration standards.
- Device management. Skynax allows administrators to automate the management of device settings with intuitive remote configuration options. By automating device management, improving the efficiency of application deployment, and giving users the ability to dynamically provision any device on demand, the system alleviates network strain, improves system management efficiency and reduces costs by as much a $600 over the life of each device.
- User support. Skynax Remote Assist facilitates problem diagnosis, documentation and resolution through real-time collaboration features allowing support team specialists to work together effectively regardless of location. Helpdesk operators have the ability to view what users are seeing on their device display and then remotely control the device to provide users with assistance and training.
“Enterprise-grade mobile platforms must evolve,” VDC Research senior analyst Eric Klein said in a statement. “Intermec’s Skynax Mobility Management solution is a perfect example of the functionality enhancements that are required as part of the path forward.”