New Solution Manages All Aspects of Corporate Mobility Devices
DALLAS, TEXAS -- Affiliated Computer Services launched ACS Managed Mobility Services, a centralized solution for efficiently managing all aspects of smartphones, including procurement, security and expense management.
"CIOs are being asked to support mobile workers regardless of the device, network, location, access or application," said Chris Tranquill, managing director of ACS Communication and Consumer Goods group.
"ACS Managed Mobility Services removes these headaches with this one--stop solution. It will also integrate with existing technology to reduce multiple devices into one mobile device, supported through a single management portal," said Tranquill.
He said managing these devices in the IT department has evolved into a complex undertaking, sometimes requiring the coordination of numerous suppliers, carriers and internal departments. There are also issues concerning setup, data security, accelerated costs associated with a corporate purchase, and lack of self-service or help desk resources for mobile workers.
ACS delivers Managed Mobility to millions of users worldwide through relationships with all of the major carriers and device manufacturers. ACS continues to develop enhanced relationships, the first of which is with Palm, Inc., a leading mobile products company. These relationships provide remote users with a single cost-effective device that integrates seamlessly into existing IT infrastructures.
ACS integrates business process and information technology outsourcing services into ACS Managed Mobility. The company estimates that ACS Managed Mobility could deliver ongoing cost savings of 15% to 20% to organizations around the world.
ACS Managed Mobility advantages include:
According to Yankee Group's 2008 US Fixed-Mobile Convergence Survey of large business decision-makers, "better management of existing mobile solutions" is the second-highest mobility investment priority for enterprises, behind "providing workers with access to information."
- Strategy Consultation and Deployment: Device selection and trial preauthorization.
- Device / User Support: Procurement, procurement portal, insurance, protection warranty, provisioning, configuring, programming, application management (e--mail and Exchange Server management), instant messaging, kitting, delivery, deployment employee training and customer care.
- Data Security for Enterprise Mobility
- Telecom Expense Management: Service plan management, usage reports and contract aggregation.
- Corporate Optimization and Support: Technical help desk, fixed mobile convergence, mobile VPN, remote configuration, inventory, device management, buy back, upgrade, replace, repair and redeployment and recycle, disposal.
- Advanced Usage: Dashboards, collaboration, third--party and custom applications.
"Forty-one percent of enterprises' employees are mobile, on average," said Gene Signorini, vice president of enterprise research at Yankee Group. "As these workers are provided with wireless devices and applications for greater mobile access, there is an increased need for businesses to effectively manage mobility solutions to reduce costs, enforce security policies and provide an optimal end-user experience."
ACS is a global FORTUNE 500 company with approximately 74,000 people supporting client operations reaching more than 100 countries, provides business process and information technology solutions to world-class commercial and government clients.