A survey by CIO Custom Solutions Group reports that knowledge workers spend 28 hours per week writing emails, searching for information and collaborating internally. With two-thirds of the North American and European workforce reporting that they work outside of their corporate office at least occasionally every month, according to Forrester Research, Inc., it's imperative that business leaders initiate programs that keep their workforce productive and connected while mobile and remote.
To help with this, Good Technology has added to its Good Dynamics ecosystem of third-party business productivity applications. These additions include apps to edit Microsoft Office and Adobe files, collaboration software from Thomson Reuters, and app development software to help enhance productivity. The new mobile apps augment business worker collaboration while safeguarding enterprise data at rest and in transit through a secure, end-to-end workflow.
Developed for Security
Each of these enterprise apps were developed leveraging the Good Dynamics mobile application platform and patent-pending Good Dynamics AppKinetics technology that enables the secure exchange of data within and between mobile applications. This technology enables developers to engineer apps to securely exchange information within and between applications on a single device without jeopardizing data security, employees' confidentiality or user experience.
This app-to-app interoperability allows companies to create secure, end-to-end workflows amongst a broader ecosystem of popular, business productivity applications that can aid business processes and augment employee collaboration, which ultimately increases customer service and satisfaction.
"In today's BYO environment, employees not only want to bring their personal devices to work, but also the business applications they know and use in their personal lives. Enterprise workers just want to get their jobs done and when IT tries to 'restrict' access to certain apps, employees often find ways around those policies in order to utilize the apps they prefer," said Herve Danzelaud, vice president, business development and alliances, Good Technology.
Good’s ecosystem of secure, third-party, enterprise apps includes the popular apps employees are already using, but enables IT to protect enterprise data. New Additions are available now in the Apple Store and encompass the following business productivity categories:
- Picsel SmartOffice for Good Technology – Offering support for Good for Enterprise and Good Share, this visually stunning enterprise application allows mobile workers to create, view, edit, print and share Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF documents securely without exposing corporate data or risking personal privacy.
- Thomson Reuters Pitchboard - A new solution that enables the seamless delivery and return of pitch book iterations and edits between colleagues working on desktops in the office, as well as iPad users updating documents while on the road. In addition, desktop users can add related content to the document to view on an iPad including news, research and company information to ensure that users are always prepared for meetings and calls.
- Office Pro for Good - An all-in-one Office editing suite that's been secured by Good Dynamics. Office Pro for Good works seamlessly with the Good for Enterprise and Good Share applications and lets mobile users collaborate on Microsoft Office compatible files securely on their iPad or iPhone.
- DTE Axiom for iOS – Good Technology Edition – This enterprise-grade app from Advanced Productivity Software allows law firms and other service-related professionals to securely enter and edit time information from any location on their iPad or iPhone. The app has undergone a rigorous certification process to be available to all customers.
Mobile Enterprise App Development
- MicroStrategy Mobile for Good – An application development platform that boosts an organization's productivity by enabling enterprises to build a variety of necessary mobile applications that can deliver workflows, transactions, mobile operations, system access, multimedia and business intelligence.**
Document and Email Management
- Autonomy WorkSite Mobility for Good – An intuitive and market leading document and email management system from Autonomy, an HP company, that improves customer service by letting employees communicate quicker and increases compliance through granular record keeping.