AUSTIN, TX--Motion Computing, a leader in mobile computing and wireless communications, announced upgrades to the highly versatile LE1700 Tablet PC. The LE1700 is a semi-rugged tablet PC with a 12.1 inch display that is designed specifically to improve the productivity of professionals who spend the majority of the workday computing while walking or standing. Its flexible design, superior ergonomics, integrated features and adaptable capabilities provide high-end performance in a lightweight, mobile design that is ideal for use across a wide range of work environments.
The enhancements to the LE1700 are designed to improve usability in the field without impacting battery performance:
"Motion customers across industries are using the LE1700 to improve productivity by giving mobile workers a semi-rugged tool designed to work the way they do," said David Altounian, president and COO of Motion. "The upgrades to the LE1700 are a direct reflection of feedback we get from end users and we are confident that they will see even greater field usability benefits based on these enhanced capabilities."
- An additional Intel Core2 Duo processor option, the Ultra Low Voltage U7500, offers up to a 10 percent increase in performance over the previous Core Solo processor without impacting battery life
- Enhanced UltraView and UltraView Anywhere displays which provide a brighter, wide viewing angle in an SXGA+ resolution of 1400 x 1050
- A new 64GB solid state drive (SSD) option that provides better performance and added durability by better protecting the PC against extreme shock and vibrations
The fifth generation of Motion's professional tablet PC has proven to be more durable than commercial notebooks and convertible tablet PCs. The LE1700 has been designed and vigorously tested to withstand typical bumps and drops experienced by users who walk, stand and compute. A variety of features come together to make the LE1700 a semi-rugged, reliable tablet PC for use in highly mobile environments:
Customers across vertical industries such as construction, field sales and service, government and healthcare leverage the LE1700 to improve workflows, gather and input data in the field and improve data latencies by directly updating systems in real time. Created with the mobile professional in mind, its thin, lightweight and balanced design supports all day computing, whether users are indoors or outdoors. Weighing approximately three pounds, the tablet PC features rounded edges and thin dimensions for effortless usability and portability throughout the workday.
- Lightweight, highly durable magnesium chassis
- 1.8 inch hard disk drive (HDD) that provides twice the shock protection of the industry standard 2.5 inch HDD
- Shock-mounted display and HDD with DataGuard, an accelerometer that protects data during drops or other events that could potentially damage the hard drive
- Optional 64GB SSD for extreme shock and vibration protection
"Skanska has relied on Motion tablet PCs for several years to improve jobsite productivity," said Kevin Hutchinson, senior vice president, IT of Skanska USA Building Inc. "We are excited about the new capabilities available in the LE1700. Motion's dedication to offering the best technology for mobile workers in a compact, semi-rugged tablet PC has been a key factor in the success of our long-term relationship."
The LE1700 is highly flexible for use in a variety of work environments with integrated features that improve accessibility and productivity while users are away from the office:
The LE1700 with the latest available features is now available through Motion's network of resellers and distributors.
- Optional, embedded mobile broadband to seamlessly stay connected in the field
- Biometric fingerprint reader for enhanced security
- Ergonomic, attachable extended battery that offers a full day of usability
- Convertible Keyboard that can easily be attached to enable traditional data input while mobile
- Industry standard PC card slot for adding accessories and functionality without cables
About Motion Computing
Motion Computing is a mobile computing and wireless communications leader, combining world-class innovation and industry experience so professionals in vertical industries such as healthcare, field sales and service and government can use computing technology in new ways and places. The company's enhanced line of tablet PCs, mobile clinical assistants and accessories are designed to increase productivity for on-the-go users while providing portability, security, power and versatility. Motion combines those products with services and unique vertical market knowledge to deliver robust solutions--platforms, peripherals, services and wireless--customized for the needs of a particular industry.