Motorola Solutions, Inc. announced the LTE Cloud Core Service as an offering available within its suite of Public Safety Managed Services. The LTE Cloud Core Service builds on Motorola’s experience in network management for public safety agencies and provides customers deploying Public Safety LTE technology a choice of implementation models. They enable multiple agencies to take advantage of a common set of LTE hardware, fully managed by Motorola, creating a virtual private network for each agency.
By offering both a hosted and owned model for the Public Safety LTE core, Motorola is making it easier for agencies to benefit from private high-speed broadband LTE coverage. Backed by decades of Motorola’s global experience in mission critical, wireless communications, the LTE Cloud Core Service makes it simpler for more public safety agencies to easily deploy broadband LTE with an ownership and deployment model tailored to their needs.
- By selecting the LTE Cloud Core Service, agencies can capitalize on Motorola’s experience in communications technology for design, implementation, support and optimization.
- The LTE Cloud Core Service gives government agencies control over their broadband communications, delivering reliable data connectivity at a consistent and predictable cost that helps them meet budget requirements.
- Agencies maintain control of their network by clearly defining performance metrics that ensure high service levels, such as 24x7 monitoring, dispatch thresholds, service level agreements (SLAs) or compliance with regulatory and security standards. Control is consistently maintained through periodic tests and reviews of system performance in accordance with pre-defined key performance indicators and SLAs.
- With Motorola’s LTE Cloud Core Service for their Public Safety LTE deployment, agencies obtain access to next generation broadband technology and industry-leading experts. They also gain increased operational flexibility and the option to upgrade to a standalone core later, with limited risk to their current investment.
- Customers in North America can begin purchasing the LTE Cloud Core Service through Motorola direct sales beginning in the fourth quarter of 2011. Availability in other regions will be announced separately.
Jim Welch, senior vice president, North America sales, Motorola Solutions, says, “Public safety agencies need reliable and secure wireless broadband connectivity to empower professionals at the incident scene. By providing them with both hosted and owned options for their Public Safety LTE core, we are making the latest mission critical broadband technology available to more state and local customers.”
”Motorola is uniquely qualified with decades of global experience in assessing, designing, implementing, optimizing and hosting complete network solutions for hardened and secure public safety communications," adds Bruce Brda, senior vice president and general manager, Global Services, Motorola Solution. "By enabling multiple customers to share a single Public Safety LTE core and leverage Motorola’s expertise to manage it, we are helping accelerate the adoption of mission critical broadband.”
Motorola Public Safety Managed Services provide law enforcement and government agencies with a cost-effective approach to implementing broadband connectivity. Spanning the complete technology lifecycle - professional, integration, support, and managed services – our services capitalize on Motorola’s deep experience in technology and detailed understanding of public safety operations.