- To help customers increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction and drive cost savings, Oracle announced the latest release of Oracle Mobile Field Service http://www.oracle.com/applications/service/mobfsrv_cont.html and Oracle Field Service.
- Part of the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.2, these latest offerings deliver new personalization features for a mobile experience tailored to meet specific business needs, as well as improved flexibility and control through Oracle Mobile Laptop and Oracle Mobile Handheld.
- Oracle Mobile Field Service introduces Oracle Mobile Query Framework, an open and standards-based way for organizations to extend their mobile store-and-forward platforms with new capabilities such as knowledge base searches, email receipts to customers and service history reports.
- Oracle Advanced Scheduler features a new, open interface to integrate real-time location data and mapping capabilities. Managers can easily locate field technicians to schedule emergency jobs immediately and provide proactive customer service through alerts and notifications if a technician is running late.
- Now with the certified integration of the Trimble GeoManager Mobile Resource Management (MRM) solution, Oracle Field Service can provide visibility to real-time technician location on a map and message mobile workers for greater field productivity. The Trimble GeoManager solution also enables the reduction of fuel and emissions while providing data for driver safety and vehicle maintenance programs.
- New enhancements in Oracle TeleService and Oracle Email Center, including automatic service requests from incoming emails, streamline request creations and field technician dispatches in order to reduce customer incident call times and optimize scheduling and routes.
- Oracle Field Service introduces a distance-based spare part search-and-order function that breaks out of the conventional supply chain mold. By mapping local or remote warehouses and other nearby field technicians with real-time location data, field technicians can obtain stock faster and address customer issues accurately in order to improve service and reduce costs.
- Trimble is a Gold level partner in the Oracle PartnerNetwork.
- "NCR is currently planning a major deployment of the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.2 and we actively participated with designs for this latest release," said Bill VanCuren, NCR CIO. "We are eager to begin reaping the benefits of Release 12.1.2 and the impact it will make on how we do business."
- "Trimble is dedicated to transforming the way work is performed in the field through innovative mobile resource management applications and positioning technology," said Tom Blair, Business Area Manager of Trimble's Mobile Resource Management Division. "We are excited to introduce Trimble GeoManager in the latest release of the Oracle E-Business Suite and further empower companies with access to new mobility and field information."
- "Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.2 truly demonstrates our commitment to help organizations compete effectively in today's economy and provides a roadmap for long-term success with innovative and rapid business value capabilities," said Cliff Godwin, Senior Vice President of Applications Development, Oracle. "The introduction of real-time mobile data, enhanced mapping and expedited service requests address what organizations need right now in order to grow business, increase customer satisfaction and reduce costs."