FORT COLLINS, CO--(Marketwire) - OtterBox protection for the BlackBerry 8700 series smartphones just got sexy! Introducing the Defender Series case for the BlackBerry 8700 series smartphones from Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM).
Listening to customer feedback from the fully-rugged, more robust 8700 Series case launched in 2007, OtterBox replaces the old version with a new slim-fit design to safeguard the BlackBerry 8700 and the BlackBerry 8703e smartphones from dust, drops, dirt and scratches.
"The lifecycle of the BlackBerry 8700 Series smartphone has been long-lived and it remains an essential tool for a variety of industries so we've gone back to the drawing board to offer something new," said Curt Richardson, CEO of OtterBox. "Those in military, construction and other fast-paced work environments need protection without bulk and the OtterBox Defender Series offers the best of both worlds."
With three innovative layers,* this case provides an ideal solution for demanding lifestyles:
The OtterBox for the BlackBerry 8700 series smartphones provides access to sync/charge jack through a silicone plug. A recessed, contoured opening provides scroll wheel access. Sound clearly transmits through acoustic vents on speakerphone and headset speaker. An included holster style swivel belt clip adds convenience.
- Layer 1: Case includes two thermal formed PVC membranes, one fits the BlackBerry 8700 smartphone and one fits the BlackBerry 8700e smartphone, to protect keypad from dust and dirt (layer optional).
- Built-in PC windows protect the screen and camera from scratches and dust intrusion
- Layer 2: Hi-impact polycarbonate shell
- Layer 3: Silicone skin absorbs bump and shock
- Drop and Shock: Protection against drop, bump & shock
- Water Protection: Not tested or recommended for water protection
- Dust Intrusion: Dust does not enter in a sufficient quantity to interfere with satisfactory operation of equipment
Dimensions (case only):
- Layer 2: yellow or black
- Layer 3: black
- Belt clip: black
Approximate Weight (case only, including layer 1):
Founded in 1996, OtterBox is highly respected in the design and production of rugged and semi-rugged cases to safeguard technology and other valuables.
Built upon fundamentals of hard work, creativity and perseverance, OtterBox is the innovator of premier protective solutions for leading global handheld manufacturers, wireless carriers and distributors.
*Case does NOT protect against water. Will provide some added protection against drop, bump and dust.