Vernon Hills, Ill. -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in specialty printing and automatic identification solutions, has announced the launch of its innovative Zebra P4T and RP4T mobile printers, the world's first mobile RFID printing solutions. The easy-to-wear and carry Zebra P4T and RFID-enabled RP4T mobile printers are ideal for indoor and outdoor applications in government, manufacturing, transportation and logistics and mobile field service. The Zebra RP4T is shipped with RFID functionality while the P4T is RFID upgradable.
In addition to enabling printing of EPC-compliant passive UHF RFID Class 1, Gen 2 labels at any location, the new Zebra P4T and RP4T printers offer unique capabilities for enhanced connectivity and productivity including:
"The Zebra P4T and RP4T provide unprecedented mobility and flexibility while delivering long-lasting thermal transfer UHF RFID labels at the point of application," said Larry Gerstner, product manager for Zebra Technologies. "These first-to-market mobile/wireless printers will help our customers gain business efficiencies and improve business performance via practical, user-friendly solutions. And, they bring new capabilities to Zebra's mobile printer products, which have recently topped more than a million units sold globally."
- Bluetooth 2.0 and 802.11g wireless connectivity options, and state-of-the-art WPA2 security for enhanced data protection and user authentication
- Dual print methods (direct thermal and thermal transfer) in a single printer
- Long-lasting, element-resistant thermal transfer labels, tags and receipts and RFID labels can be printed where and when customers need them, providing enhanced data and asset tracking accuracy and improved workforce efficiency
The new 4-inch P4T and RP4T mobile printers also provide easy label design capabilities, larger memory and a host of other features that create a simpler, more productive user experience. The rugged Zebra P4T and RP4T mobile printers are built to withstand harsh outdoor conditions, making them ideal for in-the-field construction or utility tagging applications. Their compact, ergonomic design makes them equally effective in manufacturing plants, distribution depots, and other industrial sites.
Applications Abound Across Industries
The Zebra P4T and RP4T extend the functionality of thermal transfer/RFID stationary printers. With multiple print modes, users can print long-lasting thermal transfer labels, tags and receipts that withstand heat and moisture, print and encode RFID labels for containers, cases and pallets, or generate standard direct thermal bar coded shipping labels. Ideal applications include:
The new Zebra P4T and RP4T mobile thermal transfer printers are available now in North America, Latin America and EMEA. They will be available in Asia Pacific (APAC) in the first quarter of 2009.
- Manufacturing and Industrial -- shipping and receiving, warehouse pick-and-apply operations, inventory control, work-in-process and parts tracking.
- Transportation and Logistics -- shipping, loading dock receiving, cross-docking and in-transit labeling.
- Military/DoD Supply Chains -- asset tracking, lower volume UID and/or RFID compliance labeling, and in-the-field MIL Spec-compliant re-labeling of broken or damaged sea/land shipping containers, cases and pallets.
- Mobile Field Service -- in outdoor or extremely harsh applications requiring long-lasting thermal transfer media, such as construction site or utility - equipment tagging in processing plants, outdoor utilities locations, and at remote worksites.
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra Technologies Corporation improves customers' business performance through products and solutions that identify, track and manage assets, transactions and people. More than 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies use innovative and reliable Zebra printers, supplies, RFID products and software to increase productivity, improve quality, lower costs, and deliver better customer service. Zebra labels, printers and solutions can be found in more than 100 countries around the world.