Research In Motion is previewing the upcoming, highly-anticipated BlackBerry PlayBook tablet at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) from Jan. 6 to Jan. 9. Attendees can visit the BlackBerry booth (#30320 in the South Hall) to check out the powerful new tablet in action.
With industry leading performance, fast Web browsing, multitasking, HD multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support, and a robust development platform, the BlackBerry PlayBook is the world's first professional-grade tablet.
"Initial feedback about the BlackBerry PlayBook has been outstanding," says Mike Lazaridis, president and co-CEO at Research In Motion. "Our strategic decision to invest in groundbreaking performance, web fidelity and an open web-based development environment is resonating extremely well with customers and developers."
Free BlackBerry PlayBook Offer
The BlackBerry developer community has already begun developing and submitting applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Registered developers who submit a qualifying BlackBerry PlayBook app that is accepted into BlackBerry App World prior to the initial product launch in North America will receive a free BlackBerry PlayBook, subject to certain terms and conditions. Although developers are encouraged to submit multiple apps, there is a limit of one free BlackBerry PlayBook per registered developer in BlackBerry App World. For additional information on the offer, including the Terms and Conditions, visit www.blackberry.com/developers/blackberryplaybookoffer.
BlackBerry PlayBook specifications
* 7" 1024x600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen
* Ultra-portable at less than a pound and less than one-half inch thick: 0.9 lbs (400g) and 5.1" x 7.6" x 0.4" (130mm x 194mm x 10mm)
* 1 GHz dual-core processor
* BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
* MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback
* Support for 1080p HD video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV)
* HDMI out
* Dual HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture
* 1 GB RAM memory
* Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)
* Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
* Bluetooth 2.1+EDR support