General Dynamics introduces the new rugged and powerful Tadpole TOPAZ notebook computer.
Designed to withstand the rigors of mobile and tactical environments for military users, first responders and federal agents, the Tadpole TOPAZ harnesses the computing power needed to handle easily today's demanding graphics, imagery and video feeds. Durable and versatile, the Tadpole TOPAZ accommodates Windows, Linux or Solaris applications and is equipped with three segregated Ethernet ports enabling simultaneous connectivity to classified and unclassified networks. Developed using proven commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware and software, this rugged notebook delivers maximum affordability to the bottom-line.
- Compact, rugged form factor with a 'tool-free' removable hard drive
- DynaVue daylight viewable display and optional touch screen
- Compatible with Windows, Linux and Solaris applications
- High-performance graphics accelerator supports visualization of complex 3D and vector imagery
- Synchronous and asynchronous serial ports support simultaneous connections to multiple communications devices
- Three segregated Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Intel Core2 Duo Mobile Processor (T9400) and up to 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Large 15.1 inch (1400 x 1050) display
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) V1.2
- Type I, II, and III PCCARD/PCMCIA expansion slots
- Tested to pass MIL-STD-810F environmental operating specifications; MIL-STD-461E for electromagnetic emissions and susceptibility
- Size and weight: 2.4 inches high x 15 inches wide x 12.4 inches deep; 11 lbs with battery
- Integrated, weather sealed keyboard and mouse
- Optional 802.11 wireless capability