Includes customized offerings backed by a comprehensive mobility suite of industry leading mobile device management and security, wireless email and business process mobilization solutions
Dublin, CA -- Sybase iAnywhere launched its Nokia Intellisync Migration Program. The program is aimed at supporting Nokia Intellisync partners and customers affected by Nokia's decision to stop the development and marketing of its behind-the-firewall business mobility solutions.
Sybase iAnywhere is offering Nokia Intellisync customers free copies of selected Information Anywhere Suite components, including mobile email, device management, device security and application enablement capabilities.
"Nokia's decision to focus on its success in the consumer market and reignite its partnership program on the enterprise side presents significant opportunity for companies with strong behind-the-firewall business mobility solutions such as Sybase," said Stephen Drake, program director, mobile enterprise, IDC. "Sybase's Information Anywhere Suite presents a viable migration option for Nokia Intellisync customers."
Sybase Information Anywhere Suite is a secure, scalable mobile software solution that has been positioned in the leader's quadrant of Gartner's 2007 multi-channel access gateway (MAG) Magic Quadrant. Backed by more than 20 years of expertise in solving mobile deployment challenges, Information Anywhere Suite allows organizations to integrate, extend and leverage investments in their existing IT infrastructure when developing a mobile strategy.
"As a leader in the mobility market, Sybase is committed to helping Unwire Enterprises through continued development and deployment of strategic mobile strategies and best-of-breed solutions," said Terry Stepien, president, Sybase iAnywhere. "Our proven, industry-leading technologies -- such as mobile device management and wireless email -- are available to Nokia customers and partners to meet the demands of the mobile enterprise today and in the future. This new program was designed specifically with Nokia Intellisync partners and customers in mind and with the goal of making any migration project as seamless and painless as possible."
- Heterogeneous Wireless Email
- Supports a wide range of devices (Symbian, Windows Mobile, iPhone), as well as backend groupware systems (Lotus Domino and Microsoft Exchange)
- Offers business process mobilization that enables business and workflow processes, such as approvals, to be integrated with wireless email
- Mobile Device Management and Security
- Integrated management and security for both laptops and handhelds from a single web-based console
- Comprehensive device management including software distribution, inventory configuration enforcement, OS patch updates and remote control
- Mobile device security providing central control over compliance to corporate security policies for power-on password, data encryption, antivirus, firewall and over-the-air device kill
- Unique outbound connection model that facilitates highly-secure communications with mobile devices connecting into the corporate network without requiring any open inbound ports
- Mobile enterprise application enablement to extend existing enterprise information and applications to any mobile device
About Nokia Intellisync Migration Program
Sybase is offering existing Nokia Intellisync customers free copies of selected Information Anywhere Suite components with a minimum purchase of one year of support.
About Sybase iAnywhere
iAnywhere, a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc. (NYSE:SY), enables success at the front lines of business. The company holds worldwide market leadership positions in mobile and embedded databases, mobile management and security, mobile email, mobile middleware and synchronization, and Bluetooth and infrared protocol technologies. Sybase iAnywhere plays an important role in the Sybase Unwired Enterprise strategy, which focuses on managing and mobilizing information from the data center to the point of action. Tens of millions of mobile devices and over 20,000 customers and partners rely on the company's "Always Available" technologies, including SQL Anywhere and its Information Anywhere Suite.