The latest version of CooTek's TouchPal Keyboard is now available as a free download for Android smartphone users, and will be available in the App Store shortly. TouchPal is the first free app currently available with advanced swipe technology, contextual prediction, and extendable plug-ins on both the iOS and Android platforms.
The key differentiating features of TouchPal Keyboard include:
TouchPal Keyboard is the default keyboard for HTC One X and New Desire devices, the Sony Xperia Ion, Huawei Honor and Ascend devices, and ZTE Fury and Blade devices.
- Slide/swipe technology: By integrating CooTek's patented TouchPal Curve technology, users can accurately type words without lifting a finger;
- Learned predictions: TouchPal Keyboard analyzes the sentence context and each user's unique input to predict words, which, on Android, it can learn from other applications such as Twitter, and SMS;
- Blind typing: The prediction technology also allows users to type without looking at their touchscreens by correcting mistyping based on the keys you pressed and the context;
- Extendable Plug-ins: Users can share text on Twitter straight from the keyboard, or add other a plug-in of their choice;
- Bigger keyboard: TouchPal Keyboard uses T+ dual-letter layout, which offers a bigger screen than similar apps using QWERTY keyboards, allowing users to type more comfortably; and
- Quick symbol/number input: Users can simply slide their fingers up or down to input a number or symbol instead of toggling between different keyboards.