UPDATED January 19, 2009:
In his blog, Kogan founder Ruslan Kogan discusses the decision to take the phone off the market.
Australian handset maker Kogan is pre-selling two new Android phones, the Kogan Agora and Kogan Agora Pro. The Kogan Agora Pro will work on networks around the world, and is not restricted to customers in Australia and New Zealand.
The Agora will cost AU$299 (US$197), and the Agora Pro will be AU$399 (US$363). Both are on sale now and are scheduled to ship on January 29, 2009.
The Kogan Agora Pro mobile phone is the first in Australia powered by Android software -- the ground-breaking new open source mobile phone operating system.
Featuring fast 3G wireless technology, multimedia capabilities, and a host of Internet applications, this is a must have mobile phone.For international.
Pre-installed software applications provide access to many services including GMail , Google Calendar , Google Maps , Google Talk , and a YouTube video player. The integrated Google Maps application supports detailed map, satellite, traffic, and the new street view.
The fully customisable home screen lets the you put all the tools and gadgets you want at your finger tips.
With the Kogan Agora Pro mobile phone, you will have the ability to download new software applications from third-party developers and further enhance your mobile experience.
Access the Internet wherever you are with fully integrated features, including:
- One-Touch Google Search .
- Upload and watch videos from YouTube .
- Instantly send and receive emails with Gmail .
- Click on a phone number from a website, and your phone will dial it.
- Save web images as wallpaper.
Android Operating System
- 2.5-inch TFT-LCD flat touch-sensitive screen.
- Integrated QWERTY keyboard.
- High-speed 3G network connection.
- One-Touch Google Search .
- Easy Web Browsing.
- Easy-to-use email with attachment support for images, videos, music and documents.
- Customisable Home Screen with instant Email, text message and IM notifications.
- Instant access to mobile Internet services (Gmail , YouTube , Google Talk , Google Calendar , Google Maps ).
- Music Player.
- Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate
- microSD expansion slot for all your storage needs.
- Wi-Fi network access.
- GPS navigation capability.
- 2.0 megapixel camera.
Android is the mobile operating system on the Kogan Agora Pro mobile phone. It delivers a complete set of software for mobile devices. Developers from around the world are creating new and exciting applications that can easily be loaded onto the phone. It features a revolutionary user interface and is the most advanced mobile phone software ever engineered.
- Operating System: Android
- Google Mobile Functions: Google Search, Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, Google Talk, Google Calendar.
- Display: 2.5-inch TFT-LCD flat touch-sensitive screen with 262K QVGA (320 X 240 pixel) resolution
- Device Control: 5-Way Central Navigation Key
- Keyboard: QWERTY keyboard; keyboard backlighting
- GPS: GPS navigation capability with Google Maps
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate; Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g
- Camera: 2.0 megapixel colour camera
- Audio: Built-in microphone and speaker; headphone output
- Ring tone formats: MIDI, MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, PCM
- Video formats supported: MPEG2 H263, H264, MPEG4, AVI
- Mail attachment support for viewable document types: JPEG,GIF,WBMP,MIDI,AMR,MP3,WAV
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 108 mm x 64 mm x 14.8 mm
- Weight: 130g
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Capacity: 1300 mAh
- Talk Time: Up to approximately 400 minutes
- Standby Time :
- Up to approximately 300 hours
- Processor: 624 MHz
- Memory: 256 MB On-board + 128 MB Flash microSD card expansion slot
- Network: UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- FM radio
- JAVA 2.0
- MMS 1.0
- WAP 2.0
- WAP Push
- Web Browser
- Video Recording
- Media Player
- Instant Messaging
- Phone Book
- Ring Silencer/Quick Silent
- Mini-USB Connectivity (charging, headset)
- Phone Book
- Integrated Antenna
- Fast Text Editor
- Lunar calendar, Calculator and Alarm Clock