NextComputing, manufacturer of high-performance portable workstations and servers, announces its latest rugged portable workstation computer, the Vigor EX. Built to withstand harsh environments and handling, the Vigor EX packs high-end workstation performance in a durable chassis for anyone who needs to run demanding software applications in the field.
Graphics- or processing-intensive applications like geospatial imagery analysis, UAV ground control, or HD digital video processing require very high-end, powerful computer hardware to run properly. However, for mobile deployments where size, weight, power, and cooling (SWaP-C) are a concern, a typical rackmount server is oftentimes too large, heavy and power consuming.
The Vigor EX is ideal for these situations. Because this compact system is designed to handle the same compute-hungry tasks normally assigned to full-sized systems, users can comfortably replace larger rackmount hardware with an all-in-one workstation that is easier to transport and set up.
The Vigor EX features:
- Dual-chassis design featuring shock-mounted internal chassis suspended in a rugged, mil-anodized external chassis with no metal-to-metal contact
- Single- or dual-processor low-power Intel Xeon architecture or single Intel Core i7 processor
- Up to 48GB ECC or 24GB non-ECC DDR3 memory (RAM)
- Over 7TB (terabytes) internal storage capacity with upwards of 1.2GB/s (gigabytes-per-second) sustained RAID write performance (when using twelve (12) 600GB 10,000 RPM SAS 2.5” hard drives in RAID 0)
- Up to seven (7) full-length, full-height PCI Express and PCI expansion slots
- Support for multiple high-end graphics cards (GPUs)
- Integrated 17-inch HD display with optional 2nd and 3rd fold-out displays (screen-less versions also available)
- Removable back-panel allows full access to hot-swappable drives and all internal components for easy service and upgrades
- Weight starting at 35 lbs., depending on configuration
“Our customers in the military and other demanding markets have for years relied on our Vigor series rugged workstations for their mission-critical applications,” says Bob Labadini, president and CTO of NextComputing. “The Vigor EX continues this tradition by packaging the latest COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) motherboard technology in our durable dual-chassis design, while maintaining our commitment to quality and custom engineering services.”
The Vigor EX is available now from NextComputing and its authorized resellers. Please contact NextComputing for pricing.