In a recent survey by the Enterprise Strategy Group, 86% of enterprises indicated that they were collecting more data than they did two years ago, with half of those collecting "substantially" more. In such an environment, critical security issues and the key actions required to address them are often hidden in plain sight. CISOs and enterprise security teams are increasingly looking for ways to sift through this data to quickly identify the key risks to their business and drive the appropriate actions to address those risks.
Symantec recently released important updates to its security management portfolio to help enterprise security teams tame this emerging "big data" problem:
Both are expected to be generally available in December 2012. To view a demo video of SPC Mobile, click here.
- Symantec Protection Center Enterprise is the foundation of this new solution, providing a powerful new data collection and analytics platform with roles-based views and workflows for the different members of the enterprise security team.
- Symantec Protection Center Mobile leverages this platform and is a new executive security dashboard for the Apple iPad, which was designed to track key security metrics and help IT security executives communicate security status in business terms, anytime and anywhere, ultimately driving better security decisions.
SPC Mobile provides high level views to IT security executives that enable them to gain oversight of the security program and communicate IT security status in business terms.
SPC Enterprise is a flexible and scalable platform for data collection and analytics, and includes the following key elements:
- Business Risk View provides a high level heat map of the organization with risk scores for key business groups and processes.
- Security Metrics View is based on a library of pre-defined security metrics categories available for a range of commonly deployed security solutions.
- Threats View pinpoints the threats that could impact your organization, correlating the latest Symantec DeepSight Threat Intelligence with real-time vulnerability data.
- Incidents View displays real-time information about the key security incidents impacting your organization along with the affected business assets.
- Business Asset System that allows you to map devices and technologies to business groups and processes, creating a business-centric view of IT risk.
- Data Aggregation and Analytics Engine that allows you to collect, normalize and analyze data from a range of Symantec and third-party security solutions.
- Role-Specific Dashboards and Reports that are accessible via a web portal, provide a common presentation layer for this platform.
- Workflow Manager allows you to create and track the action plans to drive remediation activities across your organization.