Layer 7 Technologies, a provider of API connectivity solutions for the enterprise, announced the release of its newest product, the SecureSpan Mobile Access Gateway. This middleware solution provides a simplified way to manage how enterprise applications and systems get exposed to mobile developers and apps.
The proliferation of smartphones and tablets in the workplace has created new challenges for the enterprise. At the center of many of these challenges is the need to provide secure and reliable access to enterprise information assets in a mobile-friendly way. The Layer 7 SecureSpan Mobile Access Gateway simplifies how internal information gets exposed to mobile apps and developers while giving architects the ability to configure security, performance and supporting integrations in a simple, consistent way.
Benefits of the Mobile Access Gateway include:
The Mobile Access Gateway is available for preview immediately and will be available for purchase on July 31
- Identity: extend enterprise LDAP & SSO to mobile access frameworks like OAuth, OpenID Connect and JSON Web Tokens
- Security: protect mobile REST & OData APIs against attack, build custom geo-fencing policies, proxy mobile streaming protocols like WebSockets and XMPP
- Adaptation: translate and orchestrate back-end information services into mobile-ready formats like JSON & REST
- Optimization: aggregate, pre-fetch and cache data retrieval calls for improved performance
- Integration: simplify integration with notification services and external cloud services
For more information about the SecureSpan Mobile Access Gateway, please visit: http://www.layer7tech.com/library/product-data-sheets/securespan-mobile-access-gateway/2510.