Onset Technology, the creator of the OnPage mobile application, reports that its popular, secure pager app for iPhone and BlackBerry is now available for the Android platform. Android users who can't afford to ever miss an urgent message can now download OnPage from Google Play, and sign up for service within a few minutes. Once installed, OnPage transforms an Android smartphone into a secure messaging system that ensures urgent messages always get through, and confirms that they are read.
OnPage has become an essential application for IT administrators by interfacing to their server monitoring systems, ensuring that they never miss a critical system alert.
OnPage is also essential for doctors and emergency responders, law enforcement, and the call centers that support them, because it ensures secure emergency communication that is in compliance with HIPAA and other privacy regulations.
"In any critical situation, whether relating to human-life or a company's IT life-line to its customers, the key to a fast recovery relies on secure and immediate communication." Says Judit Sharon, CEO of Onset Technology. "With traditional pager coverage shrinking by the day, and SMS communication not being secure or reliable, OnPage leverages expanding cellular and WiFi coverage, to provide reliable and secure, HIPAA-compliant communication in critical situations with no room for uncertainty."
OnPage now supports all of the major smartphone platforms. IT shops, hospitals, emergency services, media, and other organizations can consolidate all communications in a single Android, iPhone or Blackberry device. Users will be confident that their priority and mission-critical messaging will be transmitted using SSL encryption. Messages will be received, and most importantly, they will be read.
Additional OnPage benefit include:
OnPage works over cellular communication as well as Wi-Fi. With hospitals, secured law enforcement facilities, financial institutions, and entire cities covering themselves with wall-to-wall WiFi, Onpage is sure to work even in areas with poor cellular coverage.
- An enticing user experience that makes paging fast and efficient
- Continuous alert until acknowledged
- Confirmed receipt of delivery and reading of critical messages on the smartphone, from and to any OnPage user in the world
- End-to-end encryption that protects private messages from prying eyes
- Streamlined messaging with inbox, outbox, reply, and message status that makes it easy to confirm and track conversations
- "In-app" messages that let communications also take place exclusively from inside the OnPage application.
- Phone book sync that automatically draws OnPage contacts from a user's smartphone contacts.
- One-touch responses that allow users to reply to messages with just a tap by sending predefined responses (i.e., "In a meeting," "Get back to you in 15," "With a patient," etc.)
OnPage currently supports Apple iOS 5, BlackBerry 7 OS, and Android. For more information, visit the OnPage website.