Vernon Hills, IL -- Zebra Technologies (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in specialty printing and automatic identification solutions, announced the launch of the Economy Mobile 220 (EM 220) for quick, on-demand receipt printing. This ultra-small and lightweight mobile printing solution delivers accuracy and versatility to mobile printing applications by allowing users to easily bring the printer to the point of application.
The EM 220 mobile printer offers a lightweight, ultra small design that is easy to carry in a pocket or on a belt, making it ideal for customer-facing environments or when the end user must wear the printer for extended periods of time. With Optional Bluetooth 2.0 wireless connectivity and a magnetic card reader, the EM 220 provides simple mobile receipt printing and credit card transactions.
"As mobile technology continues to evolve, companies are integrating more mobile applications into their daily operations," said Luis Rosales, product manager for Zebra Technologies. "This integration drives the need for small, reliable mobile printers that easily communicate with their Windows Mobile smart phones and handheld computer. The EM 220 meets that need, and is ideal for users who need a quick and easy printing solution that easily can be transported for on-site printing."
Highlights of the EM 220 mobile printer include:
The EM 220 mobile printer is available in North America immediately and will be available in Asia Pacific in December 2008 and in EMEA in January 2009.
- Ultra small and lightweight design: The EM 220's pocket-size and lightweight design allow users to wear this durable receipt printer for extended use--without sacrificing performance.
- Optional Magnetic Card Reader: Integrated one touch card reader to accept credit cards at the point-of-service. Keeping the credit card in sight while handling transactions also adds to a user's sense of security.
- Optional Bluetooth connectivity: Secure wireless connectivity allows for enhanced functionality and capability.
- Easy integration with existing systems: Offering industry standard software and drivers such as Windows and Win Mobile along with a software development kits and OPOS drivers, the EM 200 can be easily integrated into a customer's existing system.
- Ease of use: With straightforward operation and one-touch media loading and integrated card reading, the EM 220 requires minimal training.
- Enhance user and customer convenience: The EM 220 improves efficiency and minimizes lines during peak periods by processing transactions on the store floor. This flexibility improves user convenience, customer satisfaction and reduces the likelihood of lost sales from customers who grow tired of waiting in line.
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra Technologies Corporation improves customers' business performance through products and solutions that identify, track and manage assets, transactions and people. In more than 100 countries around the world, more than 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies use innovative and reliable Zebra printers, supplies, RFID products and software to increase productivity, improve quality, lower costs, and deliver better customer service.